Hi there! Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving and are enjoying some yummy leftovers today! Having leftovers is one of the best things about Thanksgiving – after all the work and time you put into preparing the meal, you more than likely don’t want to return to the kitchen any time soon. But just in case you adore sweet breads just as much as I do, you might want to muster up some energy to prepare Brown Butter Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread a.k.a. the best decision you’ll ever make, ha! I can’t think of a sweeter way to wake up in the morning than to a couple of slices of this mouthwatering bread. Oh, and it really doesn’t take that long to make – you’ll be able to take a couple of breaks while the dough hangs out and gets even more delicious! Continue reading
Monthly Archives: November 2013
Chewy Salted Caramels
Thanksgiving Eve is here. I’ve always loved the Eve of any holiday or special occasion. The anticipation for what’s in store the following day feels so magical to me. Getting together with family, enjoying good food and just taking it all in is worth getting excited for. You probably have your Thanksgiving Day menu planned by now and are ready for the big day. If you feel like adding something sweet, these Chewy Salted Caramels should definitely be it. Even if you’re already set for the main meal, you may be looking for something fun to do on this long weekend. These caramels fit the bill just right. I mean, chewy, salted, and caramel. Do I really need to say more to convince you to make these? Yeah, didn’t think so.
Looking for one last item to make your Thanksgiving menu complete? Consider adding this Pumpkin Cornbread, which couldn’t be more perfect for the big meal. With only 10 minutes of total preparation time and 3o minutes in the oven, this recipe will reduce your stress level by taking the focus off of side dishes and appetizers, so you can concentrate on the main components of your meal and spend more time with your loved ones. Every guest at your table will love this twist on your regular cornbread. Continue reading
Peppermint Oreo Muddy Buddies
I realize Thanksgiving is less than a week away and you’re more than likely busy planning for the big day. It’s such a wonderful holiday and is well deserving of all it’s attention. Nonetheless, I thought it would be nice to take a short break before hitting the home stretch. I am sorry if I’m breaking the “wait-for-christmassy-things-until-after-thanksgiving”-rule. As I shared in this post yesterday, I’ve caught the Christmas bug and developed a huge craving for peppermint. I was dreaming up this recipe for the last couple of weeks and simply couldn’t wait any longer to give it a try. I could have held off on sharing it with you, but that would disqualify me from making Santa’s Nice List this year. It neeeeded to make it’s appearance now!
Thursday Love List
1. I have been in full on Christmas mode the last couple of days. So much so, that I finally created my playlist for this season. It’s been playing like crazy and thought you might enjoy it as well. So here it goes:
A Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives
All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
Baby, It’s Cold Outside by Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel
Carol Of The Bells from Home Alone Soundtrack
Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky
Do You Hear What I Hear? by Third Day
Frosty The Snowman by Ella Fitzgerald
God With Us by Jeremy Camp
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Frank Sinatra
Joy To The World by Mariah Carey
I’ll Be Home For Christmas by Michael Bublé
It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas by Michael Bublé
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow by Jewel
O Come, All Ye Faithful by Britt Nicole
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel by Casting Crowns
Oh Holy Night – by Mariah Carey
Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee
Run Run Rudolph by Kelly Clarkson
Sleigh Ride/Marshmallow World by Kristin Chenoweth
The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
White Christmas by Bing Crosby
Where’s The Line to See Jesus by Becky Kelley
Oh, our favorite Christmas Album is “It’s Christmas Time” by Kathie Lee Gifford. Yeah. It’s a childhood thing. Both of us could listen to it all season long on replay! You may laugh now, ha!
What’s your favorite Christmas song?? Please share.
2. Peppermint. PEPPERMINT. Peppermint. I am hooked. There’s just something about a good old peppermint candy cane stirring your cocoa while you sit snuggled up in a cozy sweater and watch a movie. Oh, and munch on other pepperminty things. Get ready for tomorrow – I have a fabulous recipe waiting for you.
3. Nail polish. I always wear nail polish on my toes and only get to see their natural state when I’m switching colors. I like dark, colorful and loud tones all year round. This is absolutely not the case when it comes to my fingernails. I prefer nude and most of the time clear nail polish on my nails. This week during my regular trip to the stores, I stumbled upon this color. I thought it would be perfect for a manicure. And I was right. So beautiful. ‘Tis the season. Quick, tell me what shades you’ve been loving before I’m ready to go back to plain and less adventurous.
4. Christmas in NYC. I’ve been wanting to take a trip to the big apple ever since I was a little girl (Home Alone 2, anyone?). A couple years ago I got the chance to visit the city that never sleeps in the middle of July. Ever since then I’ve dreaming of going back the week before Christmas and take in the wondrous sights! Someday…
5. Tea. I am a huge lover of all things tea. It’s my jam. I’ve been enjoying Trader Joe’s Harvest Tea Blend the last couple of days and am totally smitten. Perfect for late November nights.
6. Word by Alphapod. This app. Can’t wait to wake up in the morning to read the short devotional and look at the beautiful image.