Bacon, Egg and Vegetables on top of the easiest and tastiest pizza dough ever. What’s better than pizza for breakfast?
Dreaming about breakfast and pizza in anticipation of the weekend. It’s the right thing to do on a Wednesday, really. Although, once you learn how easy it is to make this breakfast wonder, you might not want to wait until Saturday morning to give this a go. I mean easy when I say easiest ever. There’s no yeast, waiting, proofing or anything else that’s usually involved with making pizza from scratch.
My mind was totally blown when I prepared this pizza on a whim and am so ready to finally share.
I’ve been eating eggs for breakfast and lunch like it’s my job lately. I’ll take them in any way, shape or form. Usually on top of a piece of whole grain bread with turkey, spinach and any other vegetables we’ve got hiding in our fridge.
I am not exaggerating on the frequency of my egg consumption. Whenever I find something I really love, I usually make it over and over again until I can’t stand it anymore. The same goes for songs. Playing it on repeat for a couple weeks straight until I can’t listen to it one more time. I hope that’s not just me…
As for this pizza, I know I’ll be making this for the years to come. I might switch things up here and there, but the pizza itself is a real keeper!
So what’s the secret to no-fuss pizza dough? Greek yogurt. I know. Flour, salt, baking powder and Greek yogurt are the 4 key ingredients you need to make that fabulous crust. If you have self-rising flour in your pantry, you can use that instead and don’t need to add the salt or baking powder. I just like to make my own self-rising flour. I think that buying it is somewhat of a waste since it’s so simple to make with ingredients almost everyone already has on hand.
The dough comes together in just a few minutes and can be used right away. Who knew that making pizza in the comfort of your own home could be such a cinch?
I cracked a total of 4 eggs on top of the prepared crust. Next, I added veggie bacon (you can use real bacon), cherry tomatoes, basil and freshly grated sharp white cheddar cheese. Once the pizza came out of the oven, I topped it with additional basil and sprouted pea shoots. And don’t forget to add a good amount of freshly cracked salt and pepper.
I can smell the wonderful aroma right now. Mmmm!
And I thought that I should mention that the dough itself can be used for any pizza creation you would want to make. Pepperoni, Hawaiian, Cheese – whichever one is your favorite. But you probably already guessed that, didn’t you?
I am head over heels when it comes to Greek Yogurt Pizza ;).
Have a lovely Wednesday!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 5 strips bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- fresh basil leaves, to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- fresh sprouted pea shoots, optional
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add yogurt and continue mixing until fully incorporated and a smooth dough forms. Dough will be slightly sticky, but not too sticky to be rolled out easily. If dough appears to be too sticky, add another 1-2 tablespoons of flour (I added a total of 1).
- 2. Remove dough from the bowl, place onto the prepared baking sheet, and roll out, about 1/2 inch thick. Roll up the sides of the dough (to prevent the egg whites from running off the dough). Crack the 4 eggs over the dough, being careful not to break the egg yolk. Add bacon strips, top with cherry tomatoes and desired amount of basil leaves. Sprinkle cheese over the pizza.
- 3. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pizza edges are brown and eggs & bacon are cooked. Remove from the oven and add additional torn basil leaves, pea shoots and salt & pepper to taste. Using a pizza cutter, cut pizza into squares and enjoy!