What’s better than a cup of warm apple cider? Caramel Apple Cider, of course! Mmmmm.
I know. Another Caramel Apple recipe coming your way today. If you’re not a big fan of one of my favorite combos (isn’t that obvious?), I promise you there’s much more variety ahead. Shortly after finishing Wednesday’s recipe for Perfect Caramel Apples, this happened. I was inspired, wanted a warm drink, and had everything on hand to make a wonderful Fall drink – Caramel Apple Cider. Just like the one you can order at Starbucks. Have you ever tried one of those? Pretty much the bestest thing in the whole wide world. At least this time of year.
This homemade version totally holds up to the original. Once you find out how quick, easy and affordable it is to make your own, you’ll ask yourself why you haven’t tried making it earlier. That’s precisely how I felt. I am so excited to be sharing this recipe with all of you today, especially since autumn has just started. Which means there’s plenty of time to enjoy this drink all season long. Yay!
The secret to making Caramel Apple Cider in a cinch is all in this wonderful syrup. Once the syrup has been prepared, all you have to do is warm up simple apple juice, add a tablespoon or more of syrup to it and finish it with a good amount of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Does it get any easier than that? I didn’t think so.
The syrup is made up of water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and a dash of vanilla. One quick note on the use of cinnamon sticks. I prefer using two cinnamon sticks over ground cinnamon only because I don’t like to see floaty little flecks in my cider. It’s purely based on looks. I also like to leave the cinnamon sticks in the finished syrup once it’s ready for storage. To let the aroma and flavor steep even more. You could totally substitute ground cinnamon if you can’t find or don’t want to use cinnamon sticks though.
I hope you enjoy this easy peasy recipe!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- apple juice
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- 1. In a small saucepan, whisk together water and sugar. Add cinnamon sticks and vanilla and stir to combine. Bring to a boil whilst stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Fill a glass or your favorite mug with warm apple juice and add 1 tablespoon (or more to taste) of syrup. Stir to combine. Top with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy!
- *Caramel syrup can be stored in the fridge.