Happy Monday and Happy December! I am elated that my favorite time of the year has officially arrived. I am so excited!!! Can you tell? There’s no better way to kick off the week after a long Thanksgiving weekend than with chocolate and caramel. Always a delectable choice. A little somethin’ somethin’ to let you forgot that after a few days of family, fun, food and shopping, the real world is knocking at your door. But don’t be dismayed, Christmas is less than 23 days away… 23 days before we’re back to making memories. You can do it! And here are the best little bites to get you dreaming about a merry, merry Christmas.
This recipe almost seems too good to be true. It only requires four ingredients to make. Four! Talk about easy and quick. They taste amazingly silky, smooth and rich. And they look like you’ve been working so very hard to produce these truffles.
They would be just the right thing to bring to any holiday party. I mean, can you really go wrong with chocolate, caramel, and pecans? Something about that combination screams CHRISTMAS to me. I had the best time making these itty bitty delights and couldn’t have been more into the Christmas mood.
And here is the gooeyness I’ve mentioned in the title. I don’t think it needs much of a description. Feel free to make up your own :).
I will admit that you need to work fast when making these since you’ll basically be wrapping chocolate around chocolate. It’s the perfect thing to prepare when you have a couple of helpers around. Don’t get me wrong, one person is more than enough to handle this job, especially if you like to get things done quickly and don’t have much time to waste. Anyone? Since I used Hershey’s Kisses in this recipe, the possibilities are endless. Swap any kiss you like for the center (or outside for that matter).
I have an inkling you will enjoy these Gooey Caramel Filled Chocolate Truffles. Now that’s what I call a successful start to the season. Drool!
- 28 Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolates
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 10 Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolates filled with Caramel
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1. Remove wrappers from Milk Chocolates and place in a bowl together with the heavy cream. Put into microwave and heat in 30 second intervals or until chocolates are melted. Stir mixture until well combined. Cover with clear wrap and place into refrigerator until completely hardened, about 4 hours.
- 2. Unwrap the wrappers of the Milk Chocolates filled with Caramel and set aside. Place the chopped pecans into a bowl and set aside as well. Remove chocolate mixture from the fridge, and working quickly, shape 1 tablespoon of the mixture around each Chocolate Caramel Kiss. Roll each truffle in the chopped pecans and refrigerate until needed or at least 1 hour.
- Recipe can easily be doubled.
- Gooey Caramel Filled Chocolate Truffles will keep up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
This is not a sponsored post or affiliation with Hershey’s. I just really happen to adore these truffles using Kisses.