Classic Crepes slathered with Chocolate Hazelnut Spread and Banana Slices.
I know I keep saying I’m not a breakfast person, but I sure love breakfast foods. Making homemade crepes had been on my mind forever. Since the beginning of this year actually.
A couple months back when my husband and I went on our annual shopping trip to the Mall of America, we passed their little crepes shop that offers them in any and every way. They have the most amazing flavor combinations, but the Nutella Crepes caught my eye (I know. Big surprise). I was set on getting one until I got close enough to read the prizes on their menu.
After overcoming the sticker shock, I still wasn’t comfortable with spending 7 or 8 dollars on one crepe. But that didn’t mean that I was over crepes in general. Oh no. I knew homemade crepes were in our near future.
You guys, this is a must-must-make.
I guess part of me waited so long because I always thought that crepes were difficult to make. They are so delicate and I wasn’t quite sure how to do the flip without messing it up.
I was seriously surprised how fast I got the hang of it though. It’s not the easiest recipe in the world, but it’s definitely not difficult either. And it’s not the flipping of the crepe that makes it a tad bit harder to execute, it’s the fact that you have to tilt the pan in order to spread the crepe batter as quickly and as thin as possible.
If you are fancier than I am, which is not that difficult to be, you could totally purchase a crepe spreader and have perfect crepes every time. I on the other hand, as indicated above, don’t really like to spend money and have a hard time finding one more spot for yet another kitchen tool in my tiny kitchen.
And I don’t mind some imperfections :). The tilt-pan trick works good enough for me!
I could have eaten ten of these babies. Worth the extra effort. So, so worth it.
And extremely versatile. I can only imagine what I’ll be topping my crepes with next. Not even the sky is the limit. I’m thinking a pb&j version or even a savory crepe is inevitable. As always, you can create anything your heart and taste buds desire :).
Hope you get a chance to make these.Sincerely, Hooked for Life
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- chocolate hazelnut spread, optional
- 2 medium bananas, cut into slices, optional
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and sugar.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, water and butter. Slowly mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth batter forms.
- 3. Lightly spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Pour 1/2 cup of batter into the middle of the pan and tilt the pan in circular motion until batter is spread evenly over the entire surface of the pan. Return to the stove and cook for 2 minutes or until sides of the crepe start to curl up slightly. Flip crepe and continue cooking for another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- 4. Spread 2 tablespoons of Chocolate Hazelnut Spread onto one half of the crepe. Add as many banana slices as desired and fold in half. Fold again and enjoy!
- Crepes are best when eaten immediately, but can be stored in the freezer in a ziptop bag. To prevent them from sticking together, I have found that it works best to place a piece of parchment paper between each layer before freezing.
I love crepes! Anytime breakfast tastes like dessert I’m in!
You’re killin me this morning with these Kathi, love them so much!
These crepes look absolutely fantastic!! I could dive into these for breakfast!
Those are some spot on perfect photos right there 😀
Pass me a fork. Because I cannot wait to dig into these crepes!! 🙂
Your pictures have me drooling over here! They look absolutely beautiful, and I think I need this for breakfast! I’ve been to hesitant to try crepes, but I might just attempt them this weekend because this recipe looks so delicious!
Wow, your pictures are always beautiful but these strawberries!! gorgeous!
Oh my goodness, this looks like my kind of breakfast – love these gorgeous crepes!
I keep telling my husband I’m going to make crepes with bananas and chocolate and/or Nutella, but I keep just eating the Nutella out of the jar with a spoon. But these look so amazing, you’ve inspired me! I really need to give it a try! You are a truly talented photographer, too.
This sounds soo good. I am in love with crepes so this just made my mouth water!
Pingback: Chocolate Banana Crepes | Deliciously Yum! | MBSIB: The Man With The Golden Tongs
Pingback: Chocolate Banana Crepes | Our Crafty Pins!
How did you drizzle the Nutella on top of the crepes? Mine is too thick
My crepes taste like eggs…Why?
Pingback: Breakfast Crepes with Bananas and Chocolate Chips | Malachi's Work
I hate you and you don’t know me hahaha 😝
Because you are cute 🥰 and l love you too but you don’t want me in the world 🌎