Easy, fast and unbelievably silky. No-bake Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse is ready in no time and is sure to please everyone!
Welcome to another Hump Day! Today’s recipe is for all the chocolate lovers out there. Especially those that can’t be bothered to bake or are short on time and still want to indulge. Although I love being in the kitchen and spent considerable amount in our little space, I can certainly appreciate a no-bake dessert that doesn’t need much work, is no fuss and has everything I could possibly want as a self-proclaimed chocoholic.
I actually decided to make this one on a whim and couldn’t help but share once I realized how incredible tasty it was. I just knew that anyone who adores chocolate as much as I do, would be thrilled to have a bowl or two of this in his/her hands.
This is Chocolate Mousse at its best – made extra delicious with a Cheesecake twist!
That’s right. As if chocolate mousse in and of itself wasn’t enough already, cheesecake got into the mix and took it up quite a few notches. Pretty sure I’ll never go back to traditional mousse if I can have one with melted chocolate, whipped cream, and cream cheese. You know this has got to be good.
Plus, adding fresh fruit to the top makes it even better. Didn’t think that was possible, but if you love fruity desserts, this will be right up your alley. Raspberries are my favorite and go extremely well with chocolate, but strawberries or blackberries would be just as yummy. Or you can skip the berries and go straight for the chocolate – totally & completely up to you.
The only downside is that the mousse does require chilling time. As most of you know, waiting and being patient isn’t my strong suit. But I made it up by devouring a double portion. Usually this recipe makes 4 generous portions, but in this case, it only yielded 2 ;).
Hope you enjoy, friends!
- 3 oz. semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh berries, optional
- 1. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave (or with the help of a double boiler). Set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, use your hand mixer and beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in softened cream cheese and then whisk on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add melted chocolate and mix until incorporated.
- 3. Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla and incorporate as well.
- 4. Spoon or pipe mousse into 4 dessert bowls. Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired.