Cheesecake Bars topped with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Two of my favorite desserts in one!
Another week has flown by. I think it’s because I’m getting so excited for the holidays and have started to make lists, plans and am already bursting with joy. Yesterday I found out that Minneapolis has a holiday market. I hear it’s similar to Chicago’s Christkindlmarket. It looks like so much fun and I cannot wait for it to open. Their website describes it as a magical setting showcasing delicious food, handmade goods and lots of fun. It’s completely outdoors and the vendors are all in decorated wooden huts. I know what we’ll be doing on Thanksgiving weekend :).
Want to know about another thing that I am beyond excited about? Cheesecake Bars that come with a Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Topping. I am basically squealing over here. There’s sooo much texture. Anything from creamy to crunchy to melt-in-your-mouth wonderfulness. I said it before and I say it again. These bars have it all. For reals.
I think they would make a fantastic addition to your Thanksgiving spread. Since they have a scrumptious crust, are filled with one of the most indulgent things I know, and are topped with everyone’s favorite, I am confident that these will be a real crowd pleaser. Graham Cracker Crust, Cheesecake, and Cookies – if these three things meshed together doesn’t send ’em running, I don’t know what will.
You just wait. Once you see a pan of these in front of you, you won’t be able to contain yourself either. Taking a bite is basically mandatory.
And did I mention that this is another super simple recipe? You don’t have to worry about the cheesecake “falling” or the crust coming together. I am a big fan of the cookie/cracker crusts lately. You don’t even need to form the cookie dough into balls. Just place it on top and you’re good to go. How easy is that? Eating a bar or two will be a lot more work… sort of.
I’d suggest you give these bars a try. I hope you enjoy and have a wonderful weekend in the meantime!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 10 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8-x-8-inch baking with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- 1. Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into the prepared baking pan and place in the oven for 6 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wire rack while you prepare the filling and cookie dough. Don't turn off your oven.
- 2. Start with the cheesecake filling. In your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix until just combined. Pour mixture into an even layer on top of the crust.
- 3. Rinse out the mixing bowl and wash the paddle attachment and start preparing the cookie dough. Cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the egg and mix until combined. Next, add vanilla and stir to combine. Finally, mix in salt and flour until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Distribute cookie dough onto the cheesecake layer. Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until cookie edges are slightly browned and the bars appear to be set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into individual bars.
- Bars will keep up to 3 days stored in an airtight container in your fridge.