Hands down the best Blondies you can make at home. Chock-full with Chocolate Chips, Pretzels and a very generous drizzle of Salted Caramel.
It has recently come to my attention that Blondies have suffered some serious neglect in the Deliciously Yum household lately. Which is such a shame given the fact that they are one of our favorite treats to enjoy. Mostly because they’re so versatile and can be switched up in many different ways. Once you find a perfect base recipe, all options are open to you. It’s one of those recipes that don’t require a lot of ingredients to prepare, can be made in one bowl (yay for minimal cleanup), and loves to showcase the add-ins you choose or the leftovers you’re looking to use up, hehe.
Believe it or not, but salted caramel sauce is somewhat of a leftover for me. A jar of my homemade caramel sauce is always hiding in our fridge and practically begs to be used every time I open the fridge doors. And since pretzels and chocolate chips are a given in my pantry, I knew just what to pair with my salted caramel sauce.
Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies are the happiest accidental creation to have come out of my oven over the past few weeks.
The main reason why I adore this recipe so much is that they bake up beautifully every time. They’re slightly browned and crisp on the outside, but the best part, the inside, stays so moist, gooey and chewy. The similarity to brownies is undeniable.
Brownies are my absolute favorite bars. All things chocolate really are my favorite. Adam, on the other hand, prefers anything that doesn’t involve chocolate or contains small amounts. So just in case you are that someone or live with anther person who doesn’t love chocolate quite as much, these blondies are the best compromise. Not as rich and fudgy as brownies, but every bit as satisfying.
The batter for these blondies holds a healthy amount of chocolate chips and broken pretzel pieces. Giving the blondies great texture and that sweet & salty thing so many of us love. The caramel drizzle at the end totally sets each and every yummy square over the top.
Yup, you definitely need one or two in your life!
Hope you have a fun-filled weekend ahead.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup broken pretzel pieces, plus 12 whole pretzels for decorating each square (optional)
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8-x-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or grease the pan thoroughly.
- 1. In a medium bowl, using a rubber spatula combine butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Stir in salt and flour until fully incorporated and no lumps remain. Fold in chocolate chips and broken pretzel pieces.
- 2. Pour batter into prepared baking pan in an even layer. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce. Cut into bars and place 1 pretzel in the center of each blondie square. Enjoy!