Cookie Butter Bars are infused with cookie butter and plenty of cookie pieces & chocolate chunks. Don’t attempt to make them if you can’t handle a whole lot of cookie goodness in bar form. You won’t be able to stop at just one.
It’s Friday. Weeee!
I have been looking forward to this weekend for quite a while now. Not only is it time for the big Fantasy Football Draft (for both Adam and me), but the MN State Fair has finally opened as well.
We’ll be heading to the great MN get-together on Sunday and I am THIS excited. Can you tell? Even though the arrival of the fair always rings in the unofficial end of summer, I cannot wait to hold a fried on-the-stick novelty in my hands.
I will try my best at taking pics along the way, but I can’t make any promises – a bucketful of warm & gooey chocolate chip cookies from Sweet Martha’s requires two hands. One will be holding onto said bucket while the other hand will be busy chowing down so we can close the lid ;).
There are a couple of traditional things we eat and go see every year, but I’m always excited to try their new creations as well. I already printed off the list of new items… dessert salami, anyone?
Yep, the State Fair is my guilty pleasure. Speaking of which, I might as well let you in on another guilty pleasure of mine – Cookie Butter.
I mean, cookies in butter form?! Can you blame me?
I adore every single thing about it. But the smell is one of my absolute faves. I wish they made that scent in candle form. Or maybe they already do? I wouldn’t be surprised if it already exists – fill me in if it does!
But just in case there’s no candle in sight, these bars will do the same. Make your house smell beyond amazing.
And they will captivate the rest of your senses too. Cookie Butter infused bars with chunks of chocolate and Biscoff cookies. You better believe they will tickle your taste buds. I still can’t believe it took me this long to incorporate Cookie Butter as a main ingredient.
See the pieces of Biscoff cookies peeking through? I am all about texture and these bars definitely deliver. They’re a tad bit gooey inside, pack a slight crunch due to the cookie pieces and the chocolate chunks pull it all together, of course.
There’s no better time than the weekend to enjoy a Chocolate Chunk Cookie Butter Bar.
Hope you have a wonderful couple of days ahead!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 5 Biscoff cookies, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-x-8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray or line with aluminum foil and spray (it makes it easier to lift the bars out of the pan and cut into individual squares).
- 1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined. Incorporate cookie butter until smooth and creamy. Add salt and flour and mix until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chunks and broken cookie pieces.
- 2. Press batter into the prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Bars will keep up to 5 days stored in an airtight container or up to 4 weeks stored in the freezer.