Muddy Buddies and Chocolate Hazelnut Spread come together to present you with one of the most addictive snack foods this season. Makes for an excellent Last-Minute DIY Christmas Gift as well.
So just in case you’re still scrambling and wondering what to get that one last person on your list or the unexpected guest popping in, I might have just the thing for you. It’s homemade, tastes absolutely amazing and is suitable for pretty much anyone. I really can’t think of a single person who wouldn’t love to receive this special treat, which doesn’t just look pretty but is also totally customizable.
You could also prepare a batch and give yourself one of the most scrumptious Christmas gifts you’ll likely receive.
I don’t know about you, but I like to give and receive gifts that are useful. While I appreciate the occasional keepsake, there is nothing that I like more than something I can actually put to good use throughout the year. Whether it’s makeup, clothes or kitchen gadgets – I like to think that I am pretty easy to buy for.
And even though this might sound cheesy, I definitely enjoy giving instead of receiving so much more. While I am hopeful that all of the gifts we’re giving away this year will be well received, I already know how this edible gift goes over.
Let’s just say that in less than 24 hours not a single crumble was left.
To be honest, I just wanted an excuse to give away something in a cute little mason jar. I love, love, love mason jars. Especially when they hold yummy treats like this. Not only does the receiver know what they’re getting, but I think this makes for such a gorgeous presentation.
Simply fill a regular-sized mason jar with the muddy buddy mix and alternating layers of chocolate candies. I opted for by beloved Holiday Mint M&M’s because I clearly can’t get enough and am trying to spread the minty cheer. But if you know who you’re giving this to and what kind of candy they like, I’d suggest layering with that.
And once the recipient pours out their personalized muddy buddies into a bowl, it’s basically perfectly mixed and ready to be devoured. This stuff is soo addictive! You might want to warn them ;).
As always, I wish I could drop by your house, hand you one of these and give you a big hug. The appreciation and gratefulness I feel for my readers, you, is beyond incredible. You rock my world and bring a huge smile to my face every single day. Thank you so very, very much!
I’m wishing you all the merriest and most blessed Christmas this year. Enjoy some delicious food, have fun opening those presents and most importantly love on your family and friends.
Praise be to God for coming to our rescue on this very special night!
- 4 cups rice chex cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or shortening
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- holiday mint m&m's, optional
- 1. Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- 2. Place chocolate chips, chocolate hazelnut spread and butter into a heatproof bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments. Give it a good stir after each increment and continue heating until fully melted and combined. Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal in the bowl and gently stir until cereal is fully coated.
- 3. Fill a gallon-sized ziptop bag with the confectioners' sugar and add the coated cereal to the bag as well. Close the bag and shake until cereal is completely covered. Mix in m&m candies and serve in a large bowl.
- If using as a Christmas gift, fill 2 mason jars alternatively with a layer of the muddy buddy mix and m&m's until filled. Decorate jar with a ribbon (optional), secure with the lid and give it to your loved ones.
- Muddy buddies will keep for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container or bag.