Chubby Hubby Truffles feature Creamy Peanut Butter, Pretzels, and are dipped in Chocolate. Psst – they’re not just for husbands!
Can somebody tell me why in the world I’ve never heard of Chubby Hubby Truffles before? I hope I’m not the only one who had no clue what chubby hubby referred to. I was definitely intrigued and instantly knew that I would most likely be in for one scrumptious little bite. My suspicion was confirmed once I did more research.
In case you have no idea either, here are 3 words that sum up the deliciousness that are chubby hubby truffles – peanut butter, pretzels, and chocolate.
3 magic ingredients that basically guarantee a successful sweet treat. The moment I found out about them, I immediately went into my kitchen, whipped out everything I needed, and planned to surprise Adam. He was working hard on a landscaping project outside and most definitely deserved something special. Plus, I knew that he’s always willing to share, which may have given me extra encouragement to make them right then and there.
Aside from the main components, you will also need a small amount of butter, brown sugar as well as powdered sugar. It doesn’t get simpler than that.
Start out by mixing together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and you have just created one of the tastiest mixtures of life. Just wait until you add the crushed pretzel pieces. Warning – it will be extremely hard to resist the temptation of devouring what you’ve made. But try to stay strong. It will be so, so worth it ;).
Once you’ve formed the mixture into balls and they have had some time to chill, comes my favorite part. Giving the balls a luscious chocolate coating. Few things make me as happy as seeing any and everything being doused in chocolate. No matter how many truffles I make, it never gets old.
I also quite like the decorating part. Drizzling warmed peanut butter over the finished truffles and giving them a sprinkling of additional pretzel pieces. Complete satisfaction.
The best part was the moment when Adam gave them two thumbs up. Chubby Hubby Truffles have gained my main squeeze’s approval, for sure. I, by the way, was fortunate enough to get to try one as well and agree 100%. These truffles are bombtastic.
Hope you make them for that special someone in your life and have the most lovely weekend!
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1. Place the pretzels into a resealable plastic bag and crush into very small bits (I used a rolling pin for this).
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and salt. Stir until all of the ingredients are blended and smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix until completely combined. Fold in crushed pretzels until fully incorporated.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Using a small cookie scoop (about 2 teaspoons), drop peanut butter pretzel mixture onto the baking sheet. Gently shape each one into a ball with your fingertips. You should end up with about 18 balls. Place the baking sheet into the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 4. Once the balls have had time to chill, microwave the chocolate chips and oil together in a small bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth.
- 5. Working one at a time, dip one peanut butter pretzel ball into the melted chocolate and use a fork to roll it around, ensuring that it is completely coated with chocolate. Let any excess chocolate drip off and place back on the wax paper-lined sheet. Repeat with all of the peanut butter-pretzel balls.
- 6. Return the baking sheet to the fridge and again chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with a drizzle of melted peanut butter and crushed pretzels, if desired. Store in the fridge.