No day is more appropriate for a movie night with yummy snacks than today, especially when spring seems still so far away. As promised yesterday, I wanted to make sure you receive another recipe in which to use leftover Oreos and their yummy white cream (if you are planning on using those leftovers, you can still follow the recipe as written below but only use about 2/3 of the oreos it calls for).
This popcorn mix surely hits the spot. White chocolate combined with the best part of oreos, the white cream, and tossed with buttery popcorn and chunks of cookies – what’s not to love?
This would also be a fun treat for Super Bowl Sunday, which is now a little over a week away. You could add chocolate candies in the colors of your favorite team or anything else you like. This version is pretty darn good as is though – so creamy, crunchy, and perfect!
One thing I like about this cold weather is how cozy and warm everything around me is. There is nothing like a relaxing day cuddled up with my husband and enjoying a sweet snack or two. I could never get enough of that. It’s one of my favorite things and something I always look forward to the most. This popcorn mix is definitely appropriate when it comes to lazy afternoons or snow days!
I don’t really keep track of all the snow days the kids around here get – all I know is that they had their fair share with no end in sight. It was already announced yesterday that there won’t be any school again on Monday. It’s been a crazy cold winter so far, even for MN standards. The only good thing is that we get to use words like Polar Vortex and sound smart. I can’t even imagine what parents have been going through trying to keep their kids (and themselves!) entertained and happy. Talk about cabin fever. Cookies and Cream Popcorn might just be the cure! So go ahead and get poppin’.
Have a wonderful Saturday!
- 1 bag microwavable butter popcorn
- 8 ounces white chocolate or almond bark
- 15 Oreos, broken into pieces
- 1. Pop the bag of popcorn in a microwave and pour into a big bowl.
- 2. In a second bowl, melt the chocolate. You can use a microwave and heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals until completely melted or use a double boiler.
- 3. Once melted, pour the chocolate over the popcorn and mix well. Finally, add the oreo pieces. Stir to combine and serve.
- The popcorn mix tastes best if eaten on the same day, but will freeze well in an airtight bag for 2 weeks.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.