Brownies stuffed with Pumpkin Spice Kisses and topped with a layer of Cookies & Cream and Chocolate. These are dangerous – in the best possible way!
Happy Friday, friends. I am so excited Friday is finally here. Not just because it’s the end of the work week and the weekend begins, but I finally get to share these brownies with you.
It’s not like I had to wait an eternity to get around to blog these, but when you’re not the most patient person in the world, 5 days feels like forever. I know I could have switched things, but brownies and Fridays just go together.
It all started when I tried Hershey’s pumpkin spice kisses a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know why, but I had never had them before. Which was a total surprise to me. Since I love anything pumpkin spiced and have pretty much tried everything available, I had not idea how the kisses escaped me.
All I knew was that I needed to make a recipe that called for them and preferably didn’t use the whole bag ;). I needed to have a couple leftover to keep myself occupied while waiting for the brownies to cool and set.
Now the brownie layer is thick, fudgy, and the perfect vehicle to showcase those pumpkin kisses. They give them a hint of pumpkin spice without being too overwhelming and still let the chocolaty goodness shine. A perfect match.
I used Oreos for the next two layers and just wanted to mention that if you are not a pumpkin spice fan, you could add a couple of broken Oreos into the brownie batter as well. That way you’ll have the same color effect and add a little bit of texture to that rich layer.
The cookies & cream layer comes together in no time. And so does the chocolate layer. As you can see, I didn’t hold back on the fall Oreos. I went to town – just the way I like it. There is a time to hold back and when little is more, but this is not it. These brownies need to be packed with as much deliciousness as possible. Trust me, you might want to thank me later.
Goodness, I definitely know why I couldn’t wait to present these to you. This is one of those situations where I wish I could send each one of you a couple of these goodies.
Good thing fall has just started, which means pumpkin spice kisses and these fun Oreos are around a little longer – I will be making many more batches this season!
I hope you all have a wonderful first fall weekend ahead. XOXO.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 15 pumpkin spice kisses
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 10 Fall Oreos, broken into pieces
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons shortening or unsalted butter (softened)
- 5 fall Oreos, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-x-8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- 1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and chocolate chips. Heat in 30 second increments until completely melted and stir until fully combined. Add eggs and mix until incorporated. Mix in sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Add cocoa powder, salt and flour and stir to combine. Fold in pumpkin spice kisses and pour batter into prepared baking pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Let cool completely.
- 2. For the cookies and cream layer, mix together confectioners' sugar, butter and milk until smooth. Mixture should be slightly thick, but spreadable. Add more milk if frosting isn't thin enough. Fold in Oreo pieces and spread in an even layer on top of the cooled brownies. Place in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate layer.
- 3. In another medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and heavy cream. Heat in 30 second increments until smooth and no chunks remain. Add shortening or butter and stir until melted and incorporated. Spread chocolate mixture over the cookies and cream layer. Sprinkle Oreo pieces on top and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Enjoy!
- Brownies will keep up to 3 days stored in an airtight container or up to 4 weeks in the freezer.