Peanuts, Almonds, and Cereal coated in a Yummy White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mixture. Topped with plenty of Toffee Bits!
Getting creative in the kitchen and coming up with fun no-bake treats, especially this time of year, makes me feel like a kid again. The only difference being that I am in full control of my ingredients and I don’t have my mom limiting me on how many treats I’m allowed. Being an adult can be fun, ha.
Today’s recipe is the result of me being home alone for less than 24 hours. Adam recently had to travel for business, which meant that I had to spend an entire night on my own, entertaining our cats and trying to figure out how to cook a meal for one.
I really don’t do well on my own. Given the fact that I’ve never had to live by myself and am so used to constant company, being in the company of one (even if it’s just for 24 hours), is the worst. I can’t stand silence and need to talk to someone. But since I had to cope with loneliness for one night, I decided to get caught up on my favorite youtubers and whip up a sweet treat – no big surprise here. After all, I am most comfortable and comforted in the kitchen working on something delicious!
My 3 cluster makers in crime, also known as Millie, Milo, and Sam (our kitties) played their supporting roles quite well. Giving me advice with a meow here and there on how to best melt white chocolate. They also got very excited when I started to open the cereal box (could be kibble, I suppose), and didn’t stop rubbing on my legs whilst making neat little piles. Purrrfect little helpers they are!
The lineup of ingredients is simple. Mostly pantry staples with the addition of butter. You’ll need chex cereal, peanuts, almonds, peanut butter, toffee bits, and like I just stated, a couple tablespoons of butter.
You don’t need much to make a finger-licking and possibly addicting little snack/indulgence.
Since yesterday’s post was peanut heavy, I do want to mention that you could swap the peanuts with additional almonds and use any nut butter you prefer. These tiny bites are quite versatile and can be customized to please just about anyone.
Hope each and every one of you has a fabulous weekend ahead. Xoxo.
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 cups chex mix cereal
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1. Combine peanut butter, butter, and white chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Heat in 30 second increments in the microwave until completely melted. Stir to combine.
- 2. Pour peanuts, almonds and chex cereal into a large bowl. Add melted chocolate mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, drop cereal mixture into small piles onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with toffee bits and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.