It is official! Minnesota is trying to become the coldest place on earth. The Governor closed all schools in the entire State for today. With a temperature of -57 degrees (including wind chill), we have declared a pajama day. There is absolutely no way I’ll be stepping a single foot out of our door, which means hot chocolate and tea will be my best friends today. Oh, and these cookies. As I sat contemplating the drastic temperatures we were about to encounter, I couldn’t help but dream about warmer weather. And what is better than a perfectly roasted marshmallow paired with a piece of chocolate and hugged by two graham cracker halves? Possibly these cookies. Flourless Chocolate S’more Cookies to be exact.
Fudgy, chocolaty and super chewy. From mixing the batter to taking my first bite, these cookies reminded me of brownies. I had no idea how they would turn out, but couldn’t have been more surprised and delighted. Who knew 6 ingredients could make for something so delectable?!
The hardest part about making these cookies is having to wait until they’re completely cooled. Let me repeat that – you need to make sure to let these cool before removing from the baking sheet. Unless you don’t mind enjoying your cookie in multiple pieces. It’ll still be delicious!
Also, they tend to spread out quite a bit during the baking process, so I decided to use about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter per cookie, which yielded the best cookies. If you prefer bigger cookies, simply adjust the baking time by adding another 3-4 minutes.
Flourless Chocolate S’more Cookies are gluten-free as long as you make sure to use GF graham crackers and chocolate chips. You won’t miss the absence of flour – promise! I am intrigued to make more recipes that will help you make something delicious for those that struggle with allergies or intolerances. The absence or substitution of something we use in our daily lives can make for something utterly amazing!
See what I mean? There’s no resisting a handful of these!
Have a Happy and Warm(!) Monday :).
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup graham crackers, broken into pieces plus extra for topping cookies
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows, cut in half plus extra for topping cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray or use a silpat mat.
- 1. With the help of your stand mixer, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Add two egg whites and vanilla. If batter seems too thick, add another egg white until batter is thick, but moist (I used 3 egg whites, but depending on your egg size you might need to add another. Batter consistency should not be runny. If the addition of another egg white causes your batter to be too runny, add another 1/4 cup or so of confectioners' sugar).
- 2. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in chocolate chips, graham cracker pieces, and mini marshmallows. Place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter per cookie on the prepared baking sheet. Top each cookie with additional graham cracker pieces and marshmallows. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet. Enjoy!
- Cookies will keep up to 3 days in an airtight container.