Are you ready for some more sprinkle-action today? I know I am and I have a slight suspicion that you are, too. I’ve been itching to create another Muddy Buddy recipe for you guys for a while now. Snack mixes like this one are so much fun to make – and I love trying out new flavors. There’s always something sweet and colorful being prepared in our little kitchen :).
Since making this bark a couple of weeks ago, I knew that I wanted to use cake batter infused chocolate in more ways than just one. I mean, how could I possibly refrain? Making things taste like cake and not even having to turn on the oven? It’s a brilliant concept.
Oh, and since no cake is complete without frosting, I just had to add Frosted Animal Crackers. Makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? I haven’t had those little crackers in forever and it didn’t take me very long to figure out why. You just can’t stop eating crackers shaped like elephants, hippos, and cats dipped in white and pink frosting and finished with nonpareils. I dare you.
I think the recipe for this is pretty straightforward. One thing that’s important is the chocolate you use. If you love to get things done in a snap and choose to use your microwave to melt the white chocolate, you should go for almond bark or candy quick. I have never had a problem melting those two in the microwave. But all I had on hand was a bag of white chocolate chips and I melted them using the double boiler method. It’s the only way you will be able to melt white chocolate chips without burning them. Trust me, I speak from experience.
I also speak from experience when I tell you that this stuff is pure insanity. Crunchy, creamy and sweet. There is no way around it, you should definitely make this as soon as you possibly can. This snack it the ultimate indulgence for anyone that loves cake batter treats.
Just do it.
Alright, friends. Have a fantastic weekend!!
- 5 cups chex cereal
- 1 (11 oz.) package white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup nonpareils
- 1/2 bag (about 2 cups) frosted animal crackers, broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- 2. Using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using a rubber spatula, slowly stir in yellow cake mix until fully incorporated. Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal and mix well, being careful not to crush the cereal. Add nonpareils and mix in. Finally, add animal crackers and incorporate.
- 3. Place confectioners' sugar into a large ziploc bag and add cereal mixture. Seal bag and shake cereal until evenly coated with confectioners' sugar. Pour into another bowl and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.