Brownie Dessert Pizza spread with a Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting and some of our Favorite Fruits!
There’s nothing like fresh fruit in the summertime. The amount we’ve been consuming lately is slowly getting out of control. With no end in sight since the best of summer’s produce is yet to come. With Memorial Day right around the corner, I really wanted to make a fun dessert that showcased my love for chocolate and fruit once again. Plus, it’s been a hot minute since my last brownie dessert.
If you’re a fan of dessert pizza, then you will certainly love this version. The idea for pizza in dessert form came to me last weekend on our Kansas trip. We’d stopped at Pizza Ranch to enjoy a quick meal with family. If you’ve been there before, you know that one of the highlights is their dessert pizza. Now, they don’t offer the brownie and fruit version you see here, but as I sat their devouring my two slices of their “Cactus Bread”, I secretly was craving something with a bit more chocolate and chewiness.
So you already know what I did once we returned.
I took it as a sign when I found a box brownie mix in my pantry on Monday morning. Yup, you got me. Even though I love everything homemade, I still had a box of brownies hiding on my shelves. No idea how it got there, or why I didn’t find it sooner, but I was glad to use it in today’s recipe. I figured that a homemade cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit would make up for that ;).
I don’t usually like anything added to my brownies. Meaning, I rarely add any kind of frosting or topping and only make exceptions when it comes to melted chocolate or chocolate ganache to give it a finishing touch. The cream cheese frosting may have converted me for good though. Chocolate and cream cheese make for a killer duo. The fruit on top cuts through the richness, gives it a bit of acidity and brightens up each slice. Needless to say, it makes the whole pizza look absolutely gorgeous.
I promise it tastes every bit as delicious as it looks. You should definitely try it.
Happy Wednesday, friends!
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh fruit (I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and kiwi)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper or grease well.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the package instructions. Pour batter into the prepared pizza pan and bake for 25-28 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- 2. Once brownie pizza has cooled, beat together cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and vanilla until combined and smooth. Spread frosting in an even layer over the brownie pizza. Garnish with fruit of your choice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, cut into slices and serve.