A recipe that yields two huge & chewy chocolate cookies jam-packed with creamy peanut butter, peanut butter cups and chocolate chunks. The only thing better than a regular chocolate chip cookie is a GIANT chocolate cookie!
Can we dive right in? I made us cookies. Here’s how the story of the giant chocolate cookie came to be. My hubby and I were craving cookies on Friday night and don’t ask me how, but there were none to be found. Anywhere. And it was one of those deals where we neeeeded our cookie fix RIGHT NOW. So after analyzing the situation, I realized that no ordinary cookie would do. A major desperation could only be remedied by giant ooey gooey cookie-awesomeness.
And let’s be honest, nobody eats just one cookie at a time. At least nobody I know. So I saved you the trouble of having to go back for more.
I know – we were just as excited.
Since a giant cookie is um, giant, I figured there was enough room to stuff it with all of our favorite cookie add-ins. Loads of chocolate, chocolate chips and chunks, peanut butter and peanut butter cups.
I am sure you can tell which cookie belonged to whom. I added sprinkles to mine and omitted the “girly” stuff from my man’s cookie per request. Apparently pink is not his color :).
This recipe is prepared in one bowl with no chilling time required. It takes almost exactly 20 minutes from start to taking your first bite. Simple as can be. More delicious than ever.
Also, totally customizable. The perfect cookie to help you get rid of those small amounts of chocolate chips or whatever else you might have leftover in your pantry.
I loved everything about my cookie. It had the perfect thickness, the right amount of pb & chocolate, was chewy in the middle and crispy on the outside, and just the right size, ha!
Even though I wouldn’t change a thing about these cookies, I can’t wait to get back into the kitchen and create more extra large cookies. The possibilities are truly endless.
I wouldn’t mind if Giant Cookies became a Friday night tradition. Or how about a weekly Monday afternoon treat? Yes and yes :).
Have a sweet Monday!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons mini peanut butter cups
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, granulated and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla and stir until fully incorporated. Next, mix in peanut butter and stir well.
- 2. Add salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder and keep stirring until mostly incorporated. Add flour and combine until a smooth dough forms. Dough should be slightly sticky.
- 3. Fold in chocolate chips and chunks as well as mini peanut butter cups.
- 4. Divide dough in half and form into cookie shapes - flattening the tops lightly with your hands. Add sprinkles, if desired, and place in the oven. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cookies are done. Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Enjoy cookies warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep up to 5 days stored in an airtight container or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- I started out mixing the dough with a fork and switched to a rubber spatula once I started adding the dry ingredients.