A Chocolate Mug Cake that only takes 5 minutes to prepare, but tastes like you’ve been working on it for hours. Dessert for one, please!
On Monday we tried to avoid thinking about the start of another work week. I did my best to keep you and me distracted and forget all about what was coming up next. Well, we’ve made it to Wednesday and I find that to be the most excellent reason to celebrate. And the best way to do so is with cake, of course. A personal chocolate-laden cake that is just for you and your lovely self.
Get your spoon out right now. Since this cake will be ready in the blink of an eye, you will want to be prepared and not waste any time.
So let’s jump right in!
If you’re familiar with mug cakes, then you know the drill. Everything gets mixed in your favorite cup/mug and with the help of your microwave, you’ll be pleased to hold a beautiful cake in your hands in about 90-120 seconds. Which makes it more than appropriate for a midweek dessert since there’s so little time and effort involved.
Also, don’t scroll to the bottom of this post to get the recipe if you’re having a serious relationship with chocolate and cake. The knowledge of how to prepare a Gooey Chocolate Mug Cake, is extremely dangerous. There you have it – a fair warning. Don’t blame me if you find yourself in front of your microwave, watching your cake rise beautifully and devouring the whole thing every night ;).
If you’re anything like me, you might also add a small amount of whipped cream to your fresh cake. I just love the way the sweet cream warms up slightly and combines with the rich chocolate cake.
Yay for Cake Wednesday!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 small egg
- 3 tablespoons milk (any milk you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons oil (vegetable, canola, or any other oil you have on hand)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream, for serving
- 1. Combine flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugars, and salt in a large mug or small bowl. Stir to combine. Add egg, milk, oil and vanilla and stir until a smooth batter forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Place mug into the microwave and heat for 90 seconds to 2 minutes at high heat. Let cake cool for a couple of minutes, garnish with whipped cream and enjoy!