This is the easiest and most delicious Homemade Ice Cream around! 2 ingredients, no machine and a love for ice cream is all you need.
Is there anything better than a big bowl of ice cream? How about Homemade Ice Cream on a Friday night? Quite possibly the best thing ever.
Since July is National Ice Cream Month, I really wanted to share my very favorite recipe with you. It’s been around forever and ever. This ice cream is hard to beat, in fact, I have yet to taste one that satisfies and tastes better than this easy peasy frozen wonderfulness. It’s that good!
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Mine is obviously Mint Chocolate Chip. Always has been and probably always will be. Whatever your favorite may be, you can most likely recreate your own, using this recipe as a base.
Back in the day (before Adam developed lactose intolerance), we would practically live on this ice cream. I made an uncountable number of different flavors and seriously had the best time experimenting in the kitchen.
This is also a good time to let you know that I have zero skills in ice cream scooping. Filling up the bowl in these pics was a serious challenge for me.
But there isn’t much I wouldn’t do for you when it comes to food. And having Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream as a reward after shooting these wasn’t a bad deal either :).
I could never get enough of this ice cream. It’s so incredibly smooth and creamy and nobody ever believes that the texture was created without the help of an ice cream machine.
Every time I pull the finished product out of my freezer, I just stand and stare at it for a couple of seconds. I love the way it looks before I start scooping away and leave a pretty mess behind – again, no scooping skills, ha.
As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, the base for the recipe is the perfect vehicle to create your favorite flavor. Love chocolate? Add some chocolate syrup. What about vanilla? You can leave it as is or add a couple of drops of vanilla extract. You pretty much can’t mess this one up. Whatever you make – I am certain it will be delectable.
This was inevitable. Chocolate syrup is a must for me.
Have an amazing weekend, friends!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 regular can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 7 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1. With the help of your stand mixer or your hand mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Pour sweetened condensed milk into a small bowl and add peppermint extract and food coloring. Stir until well incorporated.
- 3. Fold sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream until fully combined. Add chocolate chunks and give it a gentle stir.
- 4. Transfer mixture to a regular-sized loaf pan or large plastic container. Smooth out the surface and cover. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Serve with your favorite ice cream toppings.
- Ice cream will keep up to 1 month in the freezer.