Now that school is back in full swing, I thought it would be fun to share my homemade pancake recipe. It is super easy and fast to whip up. It will not only please the entire family, but it will also leave mommy or daddy feeling good about feeding something wholesome to their loved ones.
This would also be a great Sunday morning treat or a quick supper! Yep, you read that correctly. I absolutely adore breakfast for supper and serve it myself almost once a week. Not only is this the perfect meal for busy families because of its time-saving quality, but it also features household staples that you probably already have on hand. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s take a look at how to make these cakes of the pan.
First, (using a fork) whisk together the dry ingredients and add an egg. Then add the milk and whisk.
Next, pour in the melted butter & vanilla and whisk until incorporated. You still want to have a few lumps.
Preheat your griddle to high heat and add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake on the surface of the griddle and let cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbly. Flip the pancakes over and finish cooking until done, another 2-3 minutes.
Feel free to add chocolate chips, blueberries, or anything else that floats your boat to each ¼ cup of batter or to the entire batch. I opted for some traditional and my beloved chocolate chip pancakes here.
Continue until you have a full plate like so…
And before we bid adieu to summer (sniff!), I decided to add some luscious strawberries… just because.
Oh summer! How I will miss thee!
Good thing we never have to say goodbye to these beauties.
Absolutely Deliciously Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon oil for griddle
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Whisk until mostly smooth, with some lumps remaining in the batter.
- 2. Turn a griddle to high and add one teaspoon of oil. Pour the batter onto griddle, using a 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot with syrup or desired toppings.
- Feel free to add chocolate chips, blueberries or anything you desire to the entire batter or to each individual 1/4 cup of batter.