A miniature version of cinnamon rolls that requires no yeast, needs only 4 ingredients and is ready in under 20 minutes. These really couldn’t be easier. One of the best recipes of all time.
Hey, hey! Did you have a great holiday weekend? Ours was a true whirlwind – complete with amazing BBQ, bonfire, beautiful fireworks, a breathtaking wedding and date day with the love of my life. It was busy, but I wouldn’t have changed a thing. The big smile on my face says it all ;).
I had the best intentions of posting a healthy and light recipe today. The Monday after the 4th of July sort of calls for some lighter faire, doesn’t it? But I have two words for you: Cinnamon Rolls. I don’t think there’s ever a wrong time to talk about, make and eat cinnamon rolls. They are hands down my favorite breakfast food in the whole wide world.
When I found this recipe there was no way I could wait another second to give ’em a try. The only thing better than regular cinnamon rolls are miniature cinnamon rolls. Seriously. Not only do they make for an amazing breakfast food, but they’re perfect for snacking. I mean, c’mon, they’re bite-sized, sweet ‘n delicious and simply irresistible.
I don’t remember how I stumbled upon this recipe or what I was searching for, but it was a complete accident. As I read through the recipe, I saw that it was from a lady back in the 1970’s. How cool is it that people made miniature things back then?! I always thought that everything mini was sort of a new invention and not really all that popular until just a couple of years ago. It made me love the recipe even before trying and tasting it.
Can you say tried and true?!
I probably don’t need to tell you how much I adore these little things. They are beyond mouthwatering and will forever hold a special place in my heart. That good!
And just like regular cinnamon rolls, they make your house smell more than wonderful . It’s one of those things draws the whole family to the kitchen without having to call or otherwise inform them that breakfast is ready. Your loved ones will appear faster than you can say cinnamon roll.
Because nothing will ever compare to a warm cinnamon roll fresh out of the oven. It’s common knowledge. Mmmmmmm.
Don’t even hesitate to grab the recipe, friends. Happy Monday!
- 1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- 1. Remove dough from the can and unroll, keeping the dough sheet together as much as possible. The long side of the rectangle should be closest to you. Using your fingers, pinch seams together. Flip dough to the other side and pinch together as well. You can separate the dough into two halves to make the flipping process easier. Using a rolling pin, carefully flatten the dough until about 1/2-inch thick.
- 2. Spread melted butter equally across the entire surface of the dough. In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle dough evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 3. Starting with the long side that's closest to you, tightly roll dough into a log, pinching the edges to seal. Cut into 16 equal pieces and place one piece per muffin cup with the spiral side facing up into the pan. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Whisk together the butter, milk and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Remove cinnamon rolls from the oven and drizzle warm rolls with the glaze. Remove from the muffin pan and enjoy!
- Cinnamon Rolls are best when eaten on the same day, but can be kept in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Wow! These look amazing! Love the fact they only require a few ingredients and take 20 minutes to make! Amazing, will be giving the recipe a go, for sure!
OMG these are so fun and so dang on cute! Pinning!
I’m ok with this treat on a Monday morning after the holiday! I would like to be drowning my “have to go back to work” hangover with a plateful of these cuties!!! YUM!
I’ve always been a little hesitant to bake with yeast, so I love that these rolls don’t require that. They look delicious, and adorable, too! Pinned!
I love this! What cute little baby cinnamon rolls!
Oh my gosh, dying over how cute these are! I just love anything in mini form. And no yeast? Bonus!
i could pop a few of these for breakfast!
These look great, I was just wondering if you have a simple dough recipe to substitute for the canned dough? I live in New Zealand and unfortunately we don’t get that here! :/ I really want to try them though!
I don’t have a dough that requires no yeast and is as quick as this one (yet). You could try using a different kind of refrigerated dough that you can find in your grocery store though. Wish I could be of more help…
Super late reply but I’ve made these in the past with puff pastry from the freezer section it might take a bit longer but it still works just fine (:
I live in Australia so I feel your pain Chloe!
These look fabulous! I want all of them!
These look amazing! I love that you made baby cinnamon rolls – they are adorable and no yeast makes them even better!
Kathi all you had to say was “itty bitty” and I was already ho0ked! these cinnamon rolls look delightful, I’m afraid I’d eat about 23 in one sitting 😉
I am sold! I am making them tomorrow, thanks for sharing!
These looks so good ! Unfortunately we don’t have any kind of pre-made dough available to buy in New Zealand. Truth be told I didn’t know such things existed. Might have to experiment with scone based dough.
Oh Kathi – these are dangerous!!! I have such a weakness for cinnamon rolls, and the fact that these only call for four ingredients and twenty minutes is amazing! Sure makes cinnamon rolls doable for an early morning breakfast. Happily pinning 🙂 I just want to reach through the screen and grab one!
Itty bitty is the best. You can eat MORE because they’re smaller. 😉 These little guys are so cute.
Nothing could better than these mini cinnamon rolls! 🙂 Love them!