Soft and Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Malted Milk Ball Candies!
And the cookie cravings strike again. Also, candy. And what do you do when you can’t decide which one to go for? That’s right. You combine both of them into one. You might also pretend that you’re making them for the blog in order to have an excellent excuse and not feel like you’re just in the mood to indulge and have a serious lack of self-control. Which is the real reason behind what’s happened in my kitchen, of course.
While malt-flavored doesn’t sound like the most delicious thing to me, I can tell you that it totally is. Especially when you find double of it in a sweet treat like these cookies. Malted milk powder and malted milk balls. These cookies will practically melt in your mouth and give you all of those happy feelings. Exactly what a cookie should do!
The malted milk powder adds that certain yumminess to the cookies. You know, the kind that you can taste but can’t quite make out what it is. It’s the main reason why they stay so soft and are extra scrumptious. Malted milk powder can be found in most grocery stores. It’ll most likely be in the coffee/tea/hot cocoa isle. It’s the stuff you’d buy to make an awesome malted milk shake, but that’s another recipe for a different post.
Not only will you be tasting malted milk goodness in the dough, but you’ll certainly find actual malted milk balls in the cookies as well. Coupled with semisweet and white chocolate chips, you are in for one of the best malted milk experiences of your life. Promise!
AWESOME doesn’t even begin to describe these cookies. You’ve gotta try them for yourself.
Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend in the meantime.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup malted milk ball candies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1.In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine melted butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cornstarch. Mix another minute or until incorporated.
- 2.With your mixer set to its slowest setting, add 1/2 cup malted milk powder and 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour. Mix until combined with the wet mixture. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of bread flour and stir until incorporated. Remove bowl from the mixer and using a spatula, add chocolate chips and malted milk balls (I used them whole, but you can also chop them into smaller pieces).
- 3.Using a large cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet and put in the oven. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the edges start to brown and cookies appear to be set. Let cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.