Do you like limes, cheesecake and a dessert that takes minimal time and effort to prepare? Me too. Let’s dive in together!
Hey guys! Friday’s here, the weekend is imminent and it’s time to take things easy. That’s exactly what I was thinking about when I came up with this dessert. I wanted something that could be thrown together in no time, but didn’t sacrifice in yumminess or flavor.
Also, I had about 12 limes in our fridge that needed to be used up :). Aren’t limes the best? I substitute limes for lemons whenever I can. I love that limes don’t have any seeds to worry about and could never get enough of the wonderful taste. With that being said, you could total use lemons if you’re not feeling the lime.
Lately I’ve been in the mood for creamy and cold desserts that go beyond your regular bowl of ice cream. Cheesecake popped into my head, but I wanted something a little bit lighter. Let me just tell you, these Lime Cheesecake Parfaits totally hit the spot.
There’s just something about individual desserts. I don’t know if it’s the satisfaction of being able to devour an entire bowl by yourself, the way they always look so special or a sum of both, but I am a total sucker.
These small glasses have been disappearing quickly and since the hubby isn’t participating in this dairy-filled indulgence, that only leaves one person whose been eating one after the other and can’t stop.
And just in case you’re wondering, I am trying to be considerate by not eating these in front of him. Most of the time, I make things that both of us can enjoy, but sometimes a girl’s gotta follow her dairy-loving heart.
Chances are that you might already have all of the ingredients on hand. It’s a whopping 5 items that make this delectable treat. It’s almost too easy to share, but definitely too good not to!
Wishing you all a lovely and delicious weekend!
- 1 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 oz (1/3 less fat) cream cheese, softened
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 8 oz tub cool whip
- whipped cream for serving, optional
- 1. In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Equally divide between four small dessert glasses or ramekins. Place in the fridge.
- 2. In another bowl, mix together cream cheese and lime juice. Fold in cool whip and stir until fully combined. Remove dessert glasses and divide cream cheese mixture among the four glasses. Return to the fridge for 3 hours or until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream, if desired and garnish with lime slices and zest. Enjoy!
- Parfaits will keep up to 5 days stored in an airtight container.