Addicting S’mores Bars that can be made ahead of time, require no baking, and are loved by all.
Because it truly feels like Spring around here, which means we’ll be spending as much time as possible outside in the next couple of months, I’ve been thinking about desserts that are perfect to prepare for warmer weather.
My longing for a bonfire and sitting outside long after it’s gotten dark, might also have something to do with today’s sweet treat. Nothing says warm weather more than s’mores. Crunchy graham crackers, gooey marshmallows, and melted chocolate. One of the best inventions ever, for sure.
The only thing better than enjoying an actual s’more with a freshly roasted marshmallow, is an entire pan of s’mores bars whipped up in less than 10 minutes with minimal effort.
I can’t think of a bar recipe that’s easier and more delicious than this one.
4 simple ingredients are all you need. Unsalted butter, marshmallows, golden graham cereal, and milk chocolate. If you’ve made rice krispie treats before, you basically know how to make these. I swapped golden grahams for the crispy rice cereal to give the bars that s’more twist.
After melting the butter and marshmallows, you pour the mixture over the cereal and pack it into a prepared baking pan. Drizzle melted milk chocolate on top and you’re good to go. I told you it was easy.
Now I obviously don’t need a good reason to make a pan of bars. But for all our cookouts, family reunions, and potlucks that are about to take place, I know exactly what to contribute. Who wouldn’t be excited when you utter the words S’mores Bars?! Also, they’re the perfect dessert to prepare in advance and keep for quite some time. They taste amazing the day of and a couple of days after as well…. if they last that long ;).
Since these bars already disappeared, I’ll definitely need to make another batch – one can never have enough s’more in their life.
- 1 (12 oz) box golden grahams cereal
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 package (10 oz) marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Grease a 9-x-13 inch baking pan.
- 1. Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- 2. Place butter into a medium saucepan and melt over medium-high heat. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted.
- 3. Pour mixture over the cereal and stir gently until coated. Press coated cereal mixture into the prepared pan.
- 4. Melt chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl in 30 second increments in the microwave. Drizzle over the bars and let sit until set, about 1 hour. Cut into squares and enjoy.