Grilled Crostini slathered with Chocolate Hazelnut Spread and topped with summer’s finest Berries.
Today we’re mixing appetizer with dessert. Not sure why in the world it took me this long to figure out how to have dessert first and have it not be frowned upon. When you present these pretty crostini to your dinner guests, nobody will even think to question that they’re indulging in chocolate, lovely carbs and juicy fruit before the actual dinner has started. This appetizer is an excellent way to kick off any get together. The lovely presentation, with a bite that will please everyone, will set the mood for a fabulous time.
And you really can’t beat a quick and easy assembly no matter how many people you’re expecting. Whether you’re looking to feed just a few people or a good-sized crowd, these crostini are your best bet. A few ingredients and a couple of minutes of your time will result in one stunning & incredibly delicious appetizer.
It all starts with firing up your grill. Getting nice grill marks on those slices of French bread is the hardest thing you’ll need to do. Once that’s done, you’ll pull out your huge jar of Nutella (or any other hazelnut spread) and have your way with it… Covering those slices with as much Nutella as your heart can handle. There’s absolutely no wrong way of doing this. Top with your favorite berries or whatever happens to be in season, add some mint (optional) and a slight sprinkle of sea salt. DO it. Flaky sea salt balances but also intensifies the sweetness we’ve got going on here. Sea salt on everything – it’s da best.
Isn’t this the way any dinner party should start out? Heck, all of our weekly dinners should include Nutella Berry Crostini from now on. Because it’s everything I’ve been wanting to eat. If I could have this all day every day for the rest of my life, I totally would. Everything I love in one handheld snack.
If all appetizers are like this one, I have one thing to say. Apps for life (the food kind, not the smartphone kind).
Have a lovely midweek!
- 1 loaf French bread (or any other crusty bread you prefer), sliced
- olive oil
- Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Berries (I used strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- Fresh mint, optional
- Flaky sea salt, optional
- 1. Turn on grill to medium heat. Lightly brush bread slices with olive oil on both sides. Place on the grill until toasted and grill marks appear. About 2 minutes per side.
- 2. Remove bread slices from the grill and let cool for a couple of minutes. Spread each slice with desired amount of Nutella (about 2 tablespoons per slice) and top with berries. Add fresh mint and a sprinkling of sea salt, if desired. Serve immediately.
- The amounts needed vary depending on how many people you're looking to feed. About 2-3 crostini per person should be an appropriate appetizer.
Yum! You’ve basically combined all my worlds into one. Carbs – check! Chocolate – Check! Fruit – Check! Yessss…. nutella berry crostini for the win!!
Yum! What beautiful looking little treats you have created! Nutella is my favorite… and with fruit… mmm! I can’t wait to try!!
Nothing beats Nutella and berries! These crostini look divine.
Pingback: Make It: Delicious Nutella Berry Crostini | Gloria York's Blog
Pingback: Make It: Delicious Nutella Berry Crostini ⋆ Steal Mag
Pingback: Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins - Julie's Eats & Treats
Nope. I can’t think of a better combo – chocolate and peanut butter are the ultimate dream team!
Pingback: 25 Delicious Nutella Recipes | Bella Bucchiotti
Harper Josie Aliza