Fudgy Brownies topped with your favorite Easter candies and a layer of Nutella Rice Krispie Treats. No, you’re not dreaming. This is really happening!
Give me two minutes in the Easter candy isle at Target and something like this is the only possible outcome. Literally feeling like a kid in the candy store. Apparently not much has changed since I was 12 years old.
The only difference is that nobody can stop me from stocking up on candy (to last me a lifetime) and mixing it with Fudge Brownies and Nutella Rice Krispie Treats.
Being a grown-up does have its perks.
I am blaming my impatience on how these brownies came to be. I knew that I wanted to create bars that included Easter candies, but at the same time I really had a craving for Rice Krispie Treats and Nutella. I know! It’s that darn sweet tooth of mine. It really has a mind of its own. What can I say?
But instead of waiting to make Easter Candy Brownies and Nutella Rice Krispie Treats, I figured combining the two would be even better. And you probably guessed it by now.
It really was. I am smitten once again.
Let me tell you exactly what kind of candy went into these brownies. It all started with Cadbury Mini Eggs. Both the ones with the caramel and the creme inside. Besides chocolate chunks, that’s what I mixed into the brownie batter.
Right before the brownies finished baking, I spread a couple of peanut butter egg m&m’s on top to melt them slightly. After removing the brownies from the oven and while they were cooling, I prepared the Rice Krispie Treats and incorporated the most delicious chocolate spread, Nutella.
But as if that were not enough and to keep with the theme, I added White Chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs. Have you seen those? I was hesitant to buying them as I love the regular ones, but after tasting these brownies, I knew I had made the right choice. So yummy!
Oh, and to finish them off – you can find a couple of Milk Chocolate Eggs on top drizzled with semi-sweet chocolate.
Like I said, this really is happening :).
Please choose whatever is your favorite candy. I can’t imagine these would turn out any less delicious if you used a different combination. Anything goes.
Oh yes! I can’t even tell you how much I love all the different textures and flavors packed into one amazing piece of awesomeness. Crunchy, creamy, sweet, fudgy… you name it and you can probably find it in these bars. I am pretty sure these aren’t missing a single beat.
I really hope you get to make these. And if not this weekend, maybe you should bookmark this recipe for after Easter when you have so much candy leftover you don’t know what to do with. I can’t speak from experience, but I’ve heard that does happen ;).
Have a lovely weekend and thank you so much for stopping by today! It means the world to me. XOXO
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 6 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 6 Mini Cadbury Caramel Eggs
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (Egg) M&M's
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 bag (about 20) marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Milk Chocolate Eggs, optional
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1. Start by mixing the brownies. In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, oil, and vanilla and combine until well incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and Cadbury creme and caramel eggs. Pour the batter into the greased pan and put into oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the brownies are set. During the last 5 minutes of baking time, add the peanut butter m&m's. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter and marshmallows in a medium saucepan, stirring often with a rubber spatula. When marshmallows are almost completely melted, add Nutella and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and add Rice Krispies until fully incorporated. Fold in White Chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs. Spread Rice Krispies in an even layer over the brownies and place milk chocolate eggs on top, if using.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and drizzle melted chocolate over the bars. Place brownies into the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Brownies will keep up to 1 week stored in an airtight container in the fridge or for up to 2 months in the freezer.
- To save time, you could use a box of your favorite brownies instead.