Super moist and fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes trying to imitate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. And it’s working!
Happy Friday, friends! Today we’re returning to one of my very favorite topics – breakfast. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of talking about how my relationship with breakfast has changed since starting this blog. Whether healthy and energizing or straight up indulgent, after almost 2 years, I seriously love it all.
So what’s the first thing you think of when you hear the word breakfast? Pancakes is always the first thing that pops into my head. Seven years ago when Adam and I were newly married, I had absolutely no idea how to cook a meal yet alone bake cookies. The day I mastered pancakes with the help of Bisquick was a wonderful one.
We probably had pancakes several times a week for quite a while. And it certainly didn’t matter if it was breakfast, lunch, or dinner time. It still doesn’t. Both of us love breakfast foods for any given meal, especially pancakes. But we’ve since graduated from the prepared mix and moved on to truly homemade ones, which is the best kind one can enjoy.
I mean, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes!!! How can you not want these all day long?!
I’ve always wanted to add oats to our beloved pancakes. A couple of days ago I finally decided to do so and was completely amazed at the outcome. Coupled with a handful of chocolate chips (a must for me), I was totally reminded of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. But in pancake form. Cookies first thing in the morning? You better believe I was all over these.
As you can see in the pictures, I totally added more chocolate to top things off. Dark chocolate with chunks of dehydrated strawberries, to be exact. I keep telling myself and Adam that it’s all in the name of food blogging. It makes things look that much more indulgent and inviting… Is it working? It totally does for me. It tastes incredible, too ;).
Hope you make yourself some fabulous pancakes over the weekend. Talk to you soon! Xoxo.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, chopped
- syrup, for serving
- dark chocolate (cut into chunks), for serving (optional)
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and unsalted butter until thoroughly combined. Add dry ingredients into the wet and whisk batter until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 3. Heat and oil your skillet or griddle. Pour batter onto the griddle (I use 1/4 cup per pancake) and cook pancakes until small bubbles appear on the top. Flip pancakes and cook for another minute or two. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with syrup and/or other desired toppings.