Simply the best Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies! You’ve gotta try these!
Happy Monday! Did you have a lovely Valentine’s Day? My hubby and I had the most amazing weekend. Just like the weatherman predicted Friday night, with a high of 2 on Saturday, V-Day called for lots of snuggles. Something we had no problem getting on board with, ha. We were all about comfort food and enjoying some amazing chocolates. Adam got me the sweetest assortment of truffles from a local chocolaterie and I couldn’t have been happier. My favorite man and decadent chocolate?! Best day ever!
As I sat wishing that the weekend didn’t have come to an end, I realized that some of you might not have to go back to work just yet. We are back in the office today, but if I had another day off, I know exactly what I’d do. Bake a batch of the most scrumptious cookies.
So I took the liberty and pre-made you my current cookie obsession!
I am all about mint-flavored things these days. But after playing around with different flavor combos (in addition to mint), I am still convinced that this is the best way to get your mint fix. In the form of chocolate chip cookies infused and completely studded with mint chocolate.
Not that that’s a big surprise or anything.
The recipe itself yields only 16 cookies, which I happen to love. Don’t get me wrong, I believe that more is definitely better when it comes to cookies, but having a smaller quantity is just perfect for us and thus makes them less dangerous ;).
That being said, the dough is stuffed with chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. 2 1/2 cups seems like quite a bit compared to the amount of cookie dough, but don’t doubt. It makes for fudgy, chewy and well, perfect cookies. I like using 1 cup of milk chocolate chips and Andes Mint Chips. Because the mint chips are so much smaller and melt a lot quicker than regular chocolate chips, they tend to melt right into the cookies during the baking process and so infusing the entire cookie. Some chunks will remain, of course. But that’s precisely the reason why these are the perfect Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.
So go on and make yourself some wonderful cookies. Whether it’s your day off or not, it’s the right choice on a Monday!
Make it a fabulous week, everyone!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Andes Crème de Menthe Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Stir in flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Remove bowl from the mixer and using a wooden spoon, fold in chocolate and mint chips.
- 3. Using a large cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Let cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.