Pistachios, Chocolate Chips and Toffee give these cookies just the right amount of crunch. My go-to cookie recipe when I’m craving something salty & sweet!
Hooray! Friday is finally here, the weekend is just a couple of hours away and we are more than ready to hit the road and enjoy a weekend filled with food, family, and fun.
Oh, and welcoming summer is not a bad deal either. Few things are worth heating the oven up for when the temperature seem to be climbing higher and higher. Cookies definitely fall into that category for me. Nothing will come in between me and a scrumptious cookie.
Especially when it involves pistachios, toffee, and melty chocolate chips. These cookies are the ultimate of the ultimate when it comes to salty and sweet awesomeness.
I don’t know why I keep making irresistible cookies – can you say overeating problem? It turns our kitchen into a danger zone!
In case you’re anything like me in that you could never say no to a crunchy yet chewy cookie, this one is for you.
Pistachios are making their first appearance on the blog and I am fighting against my serious underuse of toffee bits. Oh, and there’s chocolate inside of these as well and sea salt, because, well, they were made by none other than myself. No explanation needed.
You will understand my obsession with these cookies, once you get to try one for yourself. You’ll be hooked, I’ll tell you. Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you :).
Wishing you all a very happy and safe holiday weekend! And don’t forget to take some time to make these yummy cookies and indulge. Calories don’t count on the weekend, especially when it’s a special one.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup toffee chips
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup pistachios, unshelled
- sea salt, optional
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2.In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine sugars and butter and mix until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined, about 2-3 minutes. Add salt and baking soda. Mix another minute or until incorporated.
- 3.With your mixer set to its slowest setting, add flour. Mix until combined with the wet mixture. Add toffee chips, chocolate chips and pistachios and incorporate with a spatula.
- 4.Using a cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet and put into your oven. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are slightly golden. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep up to 1 week stored in an airtight container or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Toffee is my number 1 favorite addition to cookies. Besides chocolate chips, which are a given in all cookies. I can’t wait to make these. They look just about perfect Kathi! Have a great 3 day weekend friend : )
Haha. It goes pretty much without saying that chocolate chips are a must when it comes to cookies. Thank you so much, Natalie. Hope you had an amazing weekend!!
These cookies look phenomenal Kathi! Pistachios are my favorite and I love that you added toffee in here too! I would be hooked on these too if they were in front of me. Happy Friday and have a wonderful holiday weekend 🙂
Pistachios and toffee work so well together. Who knew? Thank you so much, Kelly. Hope you get a chance to make them sometime – you will love ’em 🙂
Oh my goodness, this is the cookie of my dreams. I am a HUGE pistachio fan and try to stick them in as many desserts as possible, but I’ve never paired them with toffee. Obviously I need to make these ASAP! Happy Memorial Day to you too! 🙂
Thank you so much, Elizabeth. I love pistachios just as much and thought why not add them to cookies?? One of the best decisions ever 😉
These looks amazing Kathi! Excited to try this new combo!
Thank you so much, Cindy! Hope you enjoy!
I love the flavors in these cookies, especially the toffee. Looks delicious! Pinned!
Thank you, Gayle! Pistachio and toffee are rocking it together 🙂
Pistachios and toffee…can you say a match made in heaven!? You’re so right – these would absolutely warrant turning on the oven in the warmer months. Plus they’re crunchy and chewy – something for everyone no matter their cookie preferences! 🙂 Hope you’re enjoying this holiday weekend!
Thank you so much, Alyssa. I had no idea how well they go together. Soo good. Hope you had an amazing weekend as well!!
I have just recently discovered pistachios! Soooo good! And what’s not to love about toffee and chocolate chips! Definitely bookmarking this for a later date! Yum!
I tried these today, and they are amazing! The pistachio and toffee pairing was on point, I didn’t know they would be so good together. And on top of that, the chocolate chips! heaven sent!
Great Recipe thank you so much! My family enjoyed them too!