A special treat that requires only 4 ingredients, 10 minutes of active time and a true chocolate lover. These are the sweetest times!
And so another holiday week begins. Can I just say that I am totally and completely loving the fact that we’re in the midst of all things Christmas right now? Even though we’ve yet to finish our Christmas shopping, have a couple more get togethers on our calendar and have overall been considerably more busy, I will gladly and always make time for something nice that’ll please my sweet tooth. Especially when it happens to be one of the easiest yet most satisfying treats around – Chocolate Bark.
And this one is not just any old bark. With the layers of dark and white chocolate plus the addition of pistachios & cranberries, I have officially found the one that embodies Christmas for me.
Everyone will have enough time to make this one. You will not regret it!
4 ingredients are hard to beat. Not only is it supah easy to remember everything you need to whip this up, but it gives every single ingredient the chance to really shine.
The fact that dark chocolate is my favorite is well-documented on this blog. But is there really such a thing as a favorite when it comes to chocolate? You don’t have to twist my arm to get me to enjoy a piece of white, milk, dark or any other kind for that matter. Remember those chocolate covered raisins? It was one of the candies my mom used to buy all the time since they were a “healthy” alternative to m&m’s. And even though I couldn’t even stand the thought of raisins (to this day), I never missed my fair share of them. A girl will do anything to get her chocolate fix, ha.
Another reason why I chose cranberries aka craisins for this bark. Their natural sweetness and chewiness make for the perfect contrast to the pistachios, which lend just the right amount of crunch and saltiness to this chocolate wonderfulness. Also, the dark and white chocolate make for an excellent pair. Did I convince you to give this a try yet?
It is da best!
Wishing you all a festive start to your week, friends!
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate, chopped (more for drizzling)
- 2 cups white chocolate, chopped into chunks (more for drizzling)
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner and set aside.
- 1. In a microwave safe container, melt the dark chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening. Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet and spread in an even layer (about 1/4 -1/2 inch thickness).
- 2. Next, melt the white chocolate with the second tablespoon of shortening.
- 3. Spread melted white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate layer going to the edges of the first layer. Sprinkle with pistachios and cranberries. Drizzle with additional dark and white chocolate and place in the fridge. Let completely harden (about 20 minutes) before breaking into pieces according to your liking.
- Bark will keep up to 1 week stored in an airtight container.