Pumpkin Churros aren’t complete without a Spiced Brown Butter White Chocolate Dipping Sauce. Fall indulgence at its finest!
My pumpkin dreams are coming true one recipe at a time. If you’re not a huge pumpkin fan, I am truly sorry. I promise I will make it up to you soon, but we have got to talk about this recipe first.
When the idea for pumpkin churros popped into my head, I could hardly wait to get into the kitchen and start making them. My mouth started watering at the thought of them and all I could think was I really hope this recipe turns out to be a success. In my head it seriously sounded too good not to.
I am beyond elated to tell you that it totally worked. My taste buds and hips rejoiced… sort of ;).
Experiment adding pumpkin to a classic churro recipe turned out to be one of the best ideas I’ve had this season. Can you tell I am totally and utterly smitten? Yes? I hope you will be too!
Also, the dipping sauce. Pumpkin pie spice, brown butter, and white chocolate. Do I need to say more?
Because I couldn’t get enough of the sauce either and I already knew that I wouldn’t take a single bite without said sauce, I went ahead and drizzled it generously over the entire batch. You can definitely serve it alongside the churros, especially if you’re planning on serving these to guests. Even though this recipe is super simple to prepare, it makes for a beautiful and impressive presentation. You will rock your next dinner party!
I suggest that you test this recipe at least once for your party of 1. I hear that taste-testing is super important and believe me, you will not want to share the first batch. These bite-sized pieces have your name written all over them!
I think you know what’s the right thing to do here – run to your kitchen and experience this pumpkin explosion for yourself.
Have a super delicious Hump Day, friends!
- 1/2 cup white sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus 2 cups for frying
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, browned
- 1 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon. Set aside.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set aside as well.
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar, water, pumpkin puree, salt, pumpkin pie spice and 2 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and add flour. The dough will be dense and slightly sticky.
- 2. In a skillet, bring 2 cups of vegetable oil to a temperature of 350 degrees F. If you don't have a thermometer, test the oil by putting a small piece of dough into the hot oil first. If it sizzles and bubbles form all around the dough piece, the oil is ready. Turn the heat to medium low to maintain the temperature.
- 3. Put a star tip onto your pastry bag and fill with dough. Pipe 2-inch long pieces of dough into the hot oil, using scissors to cut off each piece. Fry 4-5 pieces at a time for 2 minutes or until golden on all sides. Transfer the fried churros onto the lined plate to get rid of excess oil. Roll each piece in the cinnamon sugar and set on a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 4. In a small saucepan, brown butter until fragrant and slightly darker in color. Remove from the stove and add chocolate. Keep stirring until chocolate is completely melted and then add pumpkin pie spice. Serve in dipping bowls alongside churros.
- Churros are best enjoyed right away.
This is definitely a great pumpkin recipe, Kathi! I love that you created your own churros! And the white chocolate dipping sauce is the perfect touch. Pinned!
Thank you, Gayle! I appreciate your sweet comments so much!!
This looks absolutely divine! I love anything pumpkin and have actually never made a churro before! It’s on my to make list now! 🙂 Pinned!
You should definitely give them a go, Katie! Thank you!
I’m headed over! You do have leftovers, right. 😉
Pinned and craving churros now….
I SO wish I could share them with you! Thank you, Melanie!
This is a genius way to use pumpkin. I wish I could just eat them through the screen. Or, do you deliver? 😉
Kaaaathiiiiii! You combined all of my favorite things in one dessert! I cannot give you enough virtual high fives. Y ou are a dessert genius, my friend.
What an awesome idea to make a pumpkin flavoured churros! You can definitely consider I will be recreating the recipe – so perfect for the fall!
Pumpkin churros sound so amazing! Great idea and recipe
Well Holy WOW. These look amazing! I’ve been wondering what pumpkin treat to make next and I seriously may just make these Right. Now. Awesome idea, Kathi!
oh my goodness, Kathi!!! These pumpkin churros are FABULOUS. . just wow!!! My taste buds and hips would have rejoiced right along with you!! and this dipping sauce, double wow!! Pinned and so excited about this!
I’ve never made a churro before but these would be the ones to try. These look amazing! Love the pumpkin and the spiced white chocolate dipping sauce sounds incredible!
Oh wow these are absolute perfection!
Kathi! Every time I see one of your recipes I want to start clapping. This is such a good idea! I would love this for dessert. Can’t wait to make these!
Hi ummm how is it that I haven’t bribed you to live in my kitchen yet? Hoooooly cripes, girl! These look AWESOME–ready to share this everywhere!!
Oh my! These look incredible! I am honestly so taken with these – and that white chocolate dipping sauce? I’m drooling!
Oh wow! I love a good churro and when you add pumpkin and a white chocolate dipping sauce to the equation, it is irresistible!
Gah! I want these now! I seriously want to fake being sick so I can leave work and make them. 😉 I’ve never made churros at home, so this would certainly be a great recipe to start with!
Such yummy deliciousness! This is one pumpkin creation I haven’t seen around the blogosphere yet. You are always so creative! 🙂 And hooray, they are fried!
Pingback: Reasons to LOVE FALL - My Beauty Tea