Yes, it’s happening. Pumpkin Spice Latte is the one thing I look forward to the most during fall season. No other hot drink comes even close to this autumn favorite. Nothing else has the same addicting quality as this luscious cup of joe. I know, I know, coffee in and of itself can be addicting, but this one is a different kind of addictiveness. Freshly brewed coffee, pumpkin puree and the stars of pumpkin pie spice – cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg are blended together so that you can experience fall in a cup. You know you want one , GO make it!
Something that’s an absolute treat to me? Taking a dear friend to our favorite coffee shop a.k.a. Caribou Coffee and order a tall drink of Pumpkin Spice Latte. Good conversation, relaxing atmosphere, and the most incredible hot beverage make for a perfect afternoon. The only thing that’s not so pretty in this scenario is the price tag. I thought to myself that there must be a more affordable way of enjoying this latte. I searched far and wide and tried many different versions until this beauty came to life. I am extremely picky and not easily satisfied – we’re talking about my absolute favorite, guys. So believe me when I tell you this is it. Make your own latte in minutes, which costs you pennies, and indulge whenever your heart desires or your addiction needs to be fed.
Brew yourself a cup of coffee and combine with a mixture of milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and brown sugar. Don’t forget to pile on whipped cream and grate fresh nutmeg over the top. What’s not to love about any of the flavors I’ve just mentioned? You already know it’s a winner. Much like you will be once you make this for yourself and share with friends and family.
You can now have a pumpkin spice latte any time of the year. No more waiting for the coffee shops to make that decision for you. Yippee!
Here’s to relishing the remaining weeks of fall until the holiday season is here for good. I know plenty of people that can’t wait for the day after Halloween to get started on Christmas decorating and blaring Christmas carols as loud as possible – not me. I am not ready to dismiss pumpkin season just yet. Not for another 14 days at least :).
Have a fantastic start to your week, friends!
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons white sugar, or more
- whipped cream
- ground nutmeg
- 1. Set freshly brewed coffee aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Mix well and heat in your microwave until hot, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the brewed coffee to the milk mixture and mix. Finally, add 2 teaspoons of white sugar to the latte and taste. Add more sugar if you prefer. Pour into your favorite coffee mug and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle some ground nutmeg over the top or grate fresh nutmeg to your liking. Enjoy!