Cheesecake studded with Mini Chocolate Chips sitting on a Red Velvet Cake Layer and topped with more Red Velvet Goodness. Simply Scrumptious!
Happy Monday! Are you ready for a week of Valentine’s treats? If not, this is your fair warning. There may or may not be an abundance of chocolate, sprinkles and unbelievable desserts coming your way. Much like any other week, ha! I was definitely thinking about the upcoming romantic holiday and have something for everyone coming up. A no-bake treat, something a bit more fancy, and a yummy surprise that no one could say no to.
Let’s start out with a crowd-pleasing dessert bar. Red Velvet and Cheesecake definitely speak the language of love, especially when combined into one tasty creation.
These homemade bars are super easy to prepare, but I am sure they would impress just about anyone with taste buds and a craving for something sweet. I also love the fact that they can be prepared in just a couple of minutes and are totally make ahead friendly. In fact, they actually taste better if they had several hours to chill in the fridge.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars definitely get two thumbs up!
I’ve actually always really liked Valentine’s Day. Not because of the gifts and cards, but because of the lovely thoughts. Now I certainly don’t think that we need a holiday to show our affection to our loved one. No, that should come naturally and without having to be reminded.
But I can’t say that making plans and hearing of others make special plans doesn’t excite me. Anything that involves us getting dressed up, feeling the anticipation, knowing that great food is waiting for us, and simply enjoying time with my hubby never gets old. Being thoughtful and making the effort to plan something special, is one way to show our love. It doesn’t have to be something extravagant at all. And even though this might sound cheesy, it really is the thought that counts.
So yes, I am totally looking forward to V-Day and I ain’t ashamed to admit it. An excuse for another date night with Adam is welcomed any day.
And so is all the chocolate and other sweets that are iconic for said day… unless we happen to have a pan of bars like these around our house. They win every time.
I just can’t get over how pretty and vibrant the bars look. They really do steal the show and demand all of your attention. Until you finally give in and grab one or two.
Total and utter satisfaction.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-x-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- 2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar, about 1-2 minutes. Add eggs, and vanilla and continue stirring until fully incorporated. Mix in salt and baking powder and stir until just combined. Add flour and baking cocoa powder and mix until barely incorporated. Finally, stir in food coloring and continue mixing until evenly distributed. Reserve a heaping ½ cup of dough. Press remaining dough into the prepared baking pan.
- 3. Meanwhile, in your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into an even layer on top of the dough in the pan. Drop remaining batter (1/2 cup) in small pieces over the cream cheese filling.
- 4. Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until bars appear to be set. Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour. Transfer to the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Cut into 12 squares and serve.
- Bars will keep up to 3-5 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.