Skinny Brownie Batter Pretzel Bites made with only 7 ingredients, which you probably already have on hand. All you need is one bowl, 5 minutes and a craving for something sweet you can feel good about eating.
Let me introduce you to my new favorite snack. Favorite may be an understatement. Every day for the past four days after returning home from work, I immediately open the fridge and pull out 3 to 4 of these amazing bites. I am practically drawn to them after thinking about these for most of the day. I just can’t help it.
I may have created the best no-bake snack to ever come out of my kitchen. And I am not exaggerating.
As I set out on creating a little afternoon snack, I wasn’t going for anything brownie related. I simply started adding ingredients I thought would go well together and once I gave it a taste, all I could think of was fudge brownies. Rich, chocolaty and extremely addicting!
The brownie batter being hugged by two pretzel twists contains no refined sugar, butter or oil. You don’t need to use your oven and wait for things to bake or cool. It’s the perfect snack after school or work as I have discovered :).
One of the things I like most is the balance of flavors. Yes, these are sweet and rich, but not in an overwhelming way. One of the reasons why they’re so dangerous. You could easily devour 4 or 5 before even realizing it. But don’t worry, there’s nothing to feel bad about since theses are a healthier alternative to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Who said chocolate and peanut butter can’t make a good-for-you treat? Let’s debunk myths together 🙂
See all of these bites on here? I have fond memories of them now. Which means I have got to go and make another batch so we’re good to go for the weekend. Speaking of which… I hope you have the most amazing one ahead. Maybe catching lots of zzzz’s and doing something you really enjoy!
Oh, and one last thing. I am so, so excited you’ve stopped by today. Your comments, emails, support and love of food is one of the main reasons why I write this little blog. Can’t express how much I love sharing with you – you rock my socks off day after day!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa
- 48 pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- sprinkles, optional
- 1. Place oats in a food processor and grind until fine, you are looking for a similar consistency to flour.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl , combine peanut butter and honey. Microwave on high for 1 minute and give it a good stir. If the mixture is hard to stir and not completely warm, you might need to heat it for another 30 seconds, depending on the power of your microwave. It should be warm, but not hot or boiling.
- 3. Add vanilla and stir to combine. Next, add cocoa and mix well. Add ground oats and give it a good stir until dough forms and oats are fully incorporated.
- 4. Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 teaspoons), form 24 balls out of the dough and sandwich each ball between 2 pretzel twists. Place on a plate and put into the fridge while you prepare the chocolate.
- 5. Using the microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- 6. Remove pretzel bites and dunk one side into chocolate of choice. Immediately put sprinkles on top and repeat with remaining pretzel bites. Place in the fridge until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Skinny Brownie Batter Pretzel Bites are best enjoyed when stored in the fridge, but will keep in the fridge or on the counter stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.