Skinny Brownie Batter Pretzel Bites made with only 7 ingredients, which you probably already have on hand. All you need is one bowl, 5 minutes and a craving for something sweet you can feel good about eating.
Let me introduce you to my new favorite snack. Favorite may be an understatement. Every day for the past four days after returning home from work, I immediately open the fridge and pull out 3 to 4 of these amazing bites. I am practically drawn to them after thinking about these for most of the day. I just can’t help it.
I may have created the best no-bake snack to ever come out of my kitchen. And I am not exaggerating.
As I set out on creating a little afternoon snack, I wasn’t going for anything brownie related. I simply started adding ingredients I thought would go well together and once I gave it a taste, all I could think of was fudge brownies. Rich, chocolaty and extremely addicting!
The brownie batter being hugged by two pretzel twists contains no refined sugar, butter or oil. You don’t need to use your oven and wait for things to bake or cool. It’s the perfect snack after school or work as I have discovered :).
One of the things I like most is the balance of flavors. Yes, these are sweet and rich, but not in an overwhelming way. One of the reasons why they’re so dangerous. You could easily devour 4 or 5 before even realizing it. But don’t worry, there’s nothing to feel bad about since theses are a healthier alternative to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Who said chocolate and peanut butter can’t make a good-for-you treat? Let’s debunk myths together 🙂
See all of these bites on here? I have fond memories of them now. Which means I have got to go and make another batch so we’re good to go for the weekend. Speaking of which… I hope you have the most amazing one ahead. Maybe catching lots of zzzz’s and doing something you really enjoy!
Oh, and one last thing. I am so, so excited you’ve stopped by today. Your comments, emails, support and love of food is one of the main reasons why I write this little blog. Can’t express how much I love sharing with you – you rock my socks off day after day!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa
- 48 pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- sprinkles, optional
- 1. Place oats in a food processor and grind until fine, you are looking for a similar consistency to flour.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl , combine peanut butter and honey. Microwave on high for 1 minute and give it a good stir. If the mixture is hard to stir and not completely warm, you might need to heat it for another 30 seconds, depending on the power of your microwave. It should be warm, but not hot or boiling.
- 3. Add vanilla and stir to combine. Next, add cocoa and mix well. Add ground oats and give it a good stir until dough forms and oats are fully incorporated.
- 4. Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 teaspoons), form 24 balls out of the dough and sandwich each ball between 2 pretzel twists. Place on a plate and put into the fridge while you prepare the chocolate.
- 5. Using the microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- 6. Remove pretzel bites and dunk one side into chocolate of choice. Immediately put sprinkles on top and repeat with remaining pretzel bites. Place in the fridge until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Skinny Brownie Batter Pretzel Bites are best enjoyed when stored in the fridge, but will keep in the fridge or on the counter stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
These are fantastic! And so adorable. I can’t believe they are skinny!
They sure are. I couldn’t believe it either! Thanks, dear!
I can’t believe that you don’t have to bake these AND they are skinny! I’m seriously going to try these this afternoon. Thanks for a great recipe Kathi!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Anna. I really hope you enjoyed these 🙂
These are going on my weekend menu…right…now! Wow, they are soooo adorable! Pinned!
Thank you so much, Justine! Hope you had an amazing and delicious weekend!!
ooooooh!!!! These bites look SOOO amazingly addictive!!!! YUM!
These really are extremely addictive! Thank you so very much for stopping by, Kayle!
These look plain adorable – I love those sprinkles, so fun!
And they’d make such a fabulous healthy snack indeed! xx
You can never go wrong with sprinkles :). Thank you, Consuelo!
I would eat a million of these pretzel bites, they look soooo good!
I may or may not have done just that :). Thanks a bunch, Pamela!
These look super cute and very delicious!
Hope you get a chance to make these. They really are delicious. Thank you!
How are these skinny and look SO decadent? You are amazing! Also since they are skinny, I can eat the whole batch right?!
You definitely can, Chelsea. So glad I’m not the only one who thinks that way. You are too sweet. XOXO
So if these are skinny it is totally acceptable for me to eat more than 10 right. They look to die for!!
You definitely can and don’t have to feel guilty about it either! Thank you so much for stopping by, Rochelle!!
WHAT! Skinny + brownie batter + pretzel all in the same beautiful bite? Oh my gosh, Kathi. I’m dying. These are incredible. Pinned! Hope you had a great weekend, sweet lady! 🙂
You always bring a huge smile to my face, Erin! Thank you so much for your sweetness. We had a wonderful weekend – some of the snow has finally started to melt :). Hope you had a fantastic weekend as well, dear! Oh, and thanks for the pin!
Seriously in love with your blog. These pretzels are adorable!
That comment made me smile. Thank you so much, Helena! You are da best!
Irresistible! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Thank you so much, Karly!! You are so sweet 😉
Pingback: Time to Sparkle
Pingback: Time To Sparkle Link Party #53 | The Gunny Sack
These look amazing, I’ll be making these very soon! Just discovered your blog and I’m now going to subscribe 🙂
I go to see daily some websites and blogs to read articles,
but this weblog provides feature based content.
Pingback: Brownie Bites