For everyone that loves mint-flavored things. This Skinny Mint Chocolate Chip Shake is a must!
I told you mint was having a moment. So much so that I ate way too many of these cookies and needed to find a way to liquefy my addiction. Because there’s nothing better than munching on a mint chocolate chip cookie while enjoying a minty shake at the same time. Obsession at its finest, ha.
But just in case I run out of my cookie stash and can’t be bothered to whip up a new batch, I am more than satisfied with the shake itself. My blender has become my new best friend. It’s the fastest, freshest and healthiest way to get my fix and I cannot stop.
Making a shake has turned into a daily routine for me. It’s actually pretty funny how much I look forward to it.
But when you find something that’s as delicious as this, can you blame me? Alright, let me tell you more!
In order to justify my regular consumption of Mint Chocolate Chip Shakes, I knew I needed to make it in a way that not only pleased my taste buds but my body as well. Especially after I get done with my run and am in the mood for something cold, nutritious and satisfying. After tweaking it jut a bit, I definitely perfected what I’d been looking for and didn’t sacrifice the taste in the slightest.
Made of cottage cheese, almond milk, a ripe banana, spinach and a splash of mint extract – this one is a winner in every aspect. Also, there’s a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips involved, which are optional, but not really ;).
No artificial stuff or miracle ingredients are found in this shake. Spinach alone is to blame for the lovely shade of green (which is calling out for spring, btw) and the other wholesome ingredients will leave you feeling oh so good.
Clocking in at 185 calories (about 250 calories including the mini chocolate chips), you really can’t go wrong.
Do yourself a favor and put your blender to good use!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 small ripe banana
- handful fresh spinach leaves, about 1/2 cup
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips, optional
- 1. In your blender, combine almond milk, cottage cheese and banana and puree until completely smooth. Add spinach and peppermint extract and pulse until spinach is fully pureed as well. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips into the blender and give it a quick pulse (just until chocolate chips are broken into smaller pieces). Serve immediately.
- Ingredients can easily be doubled to serve 2.
- Shake should be sweet enough, but feel free to add a small amount of stevia to sweeten it a little bit more, if desired.