S’mores Popcorn Mix – the name says it all. Without a doubt, summer’s most addicting snack!
Welcome to Friday! Do you have any fun plans this weekend? I recently decided to paint ALL the trim around our new house. Living in a mostly white house has been my dream for what seems like forever now. While I absolutely love the way things are coming along, I didn’t think it would take as long as it is. I am not complaining though – the more progress I make, the more I fall head over heels for the way our house now feels and looks. I might even start sharing our tiny house makeover. Are you guys interested?
Since it’s taking me a while to repaint, I don’t like to waist time by taking any kind of a break, even when it comes to food. I know! So quick snacks and on the go meals are my jam. Which is exactly where this popcorn mix comes in. I’ve been snacking on regular popcorn while painting, but I finally grew tired of it and knew I needed to step things up. Inspired by summer and one of the best flavors of life, s’mores, I knew just what to do.
As if popcorn drizzled with chocolate isn’t enough, the addition of melted marshmallows, graham crackers, and mini marshmallows & chocolate chips is ah-mazing. Makes me feel like summer is all around me even though I’m inside painting away.
Since this snack has sustained me for quite a few days and I’m still not done with it, I think it’s safe to say that this is one of the yummiest snack mixes I’ve made in a long time. Can’t stop won’t stop.
One note about the popcorn I used in the recipe. I actually air popped mine because I’ve always loved making it that way. You could totally pop it over the stove in a pot or even use microwaved popcorn as well. It totally doesn’t matter how you choose to prepare it. Everything else is pretty self-explanatory. The most important thing is that you enjoy every handful ;).
Have the happiest of weekends, friends!
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels (yields about 8 cups of popped corn)
- 1/2 cup dark, semisweet or milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 15 marshmallows
- 1/4 cup marshmallow bits
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 sheets graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 1. Pop popcorn kernels in your air popper and spread in an even layer onto a baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper.
- Next, place 1/2 cup chocolate into a heatproof bowl with 1/2 tablespoon of the unsalted butter. Heat in 30 second intervals in the microwave until fully melted. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over the popcorn.
- Place remaining tablespoon of butter together with the 15 marshmallows into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until fully melted (make sure to stir frequently). Pour melted marshmallows over the popcorn on the baking sheet as well.
- Sprinkle with marshmallow bits, mini chocolate chips, and broken graham cracker pieces. Let sit for 20 minutes or until set. Enjoy!