Classic M&M Cookies that are perfectly chewy and soft. So yummy!
I made us cookies! It’s Friday and I was feeling the cookie vibes to celebrate. Nothing too crazy or new. I just felt like whipping up some classic cookies because sometimes nothing beats a good tried and true recipe. Am I right?! Plus, mini m&m’s and mini chocolate chips remind me of my childhood so much. The first time I baked my own batch of cookies, I vividly remember m&m’s playing a huge roll. I’m pretty sure nothing has changed when it comes to the amount of chocolate versus cookie dough I decided to go with. Hehehe.
We all know how I feel about more of everything when it comes to baked goods. Basically, one can never have enough :). And since I bought the bag of mini m&m’s specifically for cookie baking purposes, I thought I’d better use as much of them as possible. Because leftovers in chocolate form are a dangerous thing.
I will forever hold a special place in my heart for these cookies. And am so excited to share them with you today!!
Goodness, why do cookies make me so happy? Nothing compares to holding a scrumptious cookie in my hands, except for donuts. The only thing that measures up to a homemade and loaded cookie are donuts. Better yet if I can hold a cookie in one hand and a donut in the other, ha.
I sure am glad I’ve got this food blog to share all of my creations and obsessions on. It’s incredible how many of you can relate. That makes me SO happy as well. Cookies, donuts and you guys. Not necessarily in that order.
Yup, this is one of those days where I wish I could just drop by your house and give you all a plate of cookies. I guess I am feeling the sharing the love vibes in addition to cookie vibes today.
These are the perfect cookies to share with those around you, by the way. I have yet to meet someone who can resist when presented with the opportunity to grab a few. So even though I can’t deliver them to you in person, will you surprise yourself with one of the best cookies ever?!
Great! I am so glad we can bond over cookies together. I just know you’ll love ’em!
Have a FANTASTIC weekend, everyone!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mini m&m's
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the eggs (one at a time) until incorporated. Add vanilla and give it a good stir.
- 3. Now add dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just mixed in. Remove bowl from the mixer and fold in m&m's and mini chocolate chips.
- 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake cookies (about 12 at a time) for 12-14 minutes or until edges start to brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.