Sugar Cookie Crinkles rolled in White Sparkling Sugar and drizzled with a Sweet Lemon Glaze. Yum!
Whenever I think of Sugar Cookies I am filled with all kinds of sweet memories. Memories of me and my mom in the kitchen making the dough, rolling it precisely to 1/4-inch thickness, and cutting out all kinds of different shapes, depending on what season or what holiday was coming up next.
Decorating was next and you better believe I was all about sprinkles. Tons and tons of sprinkles, of course.
The sugar-cookie-process was always a big deal in our house, especially since it took a lot of time and effort. I loved spending all of that time baking away, but what if you only have a couple of minutes to spare and are in need of a serious sugar cookie fix? You go for none other than crinkles.
This recipe doesn’t take any longer than making a regular batch of cookies. No chilling, rolling or cutting out shapes required. And the best part about this method? You don’t compromise taste in the least.
On the contrary, these cookies are so chewy, lemony, and absolutely scrumptious.
Oh, and I definitely love the fact that I get to use lemons once again :). Lemons and limes – I am all about citrus these days and these cookies don’t disappoint. There’s some serious lemon flavor going on here… does it get any better?
Yeah, didn’t think so. If you’re a serious lemon fan like me, these will rock your world.
Don’t let me keep you from making Sugared Lemon Cookies another second. Let’s bond over a couple of crinkles instead.
Hope you’re having a fabulous week so far, friends!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- white sparkling sugar, for rolling the cookies
- 1-1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until well combined, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and stir until incorporated. Add lemon juice and give it a quick stir.
- 3. Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet and stir until combined.
- 4. Form cookie dough into balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons each. Pour sparkling sugar into a bowl and roll each cookie dough ball in the sugar until completely covered. Place onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat.
- 5. Prepare the glaze by combining the confectioners’ sugar, milk and lemon juice. Glaze should be slightly runny and easy to drizzle over the cookies (it will harden after a couple of minutes). Enjoy!
- Cookies will keep up to 5 days stored in an airtight container or up to 2 months in the freezer.