Brownie Truffles that hold a sweet surprise inside. Such a fun, easy and ultra delicious way to say “I love you”!
Happy almost weekend, everyone! As promised, I have a colorful and sprinkle-loving treat for you today. Which happens to be a no-bake recipe as well…. sort of. At the beginning of the week, I told you that a no-bake surprise was heading your way and I actually didn’t take into consideration that in order to make these truffles, you have to bake brownies first. Or buy a pan of brownies, or use leftovers – is there even such a thing as leftover brownies??
Not in my world.
So yeah. I definitely failed to think things through, but hopefully I can make it up to you with these adorable little bites nonetheless. Would it help if I told you that they are stuffed with more chocolate?
Yep, I did. My crazy valentine-loving mind wanted brownies, sprinkles, chocolate covered, and candy yumminess all in one. And I totally made it happen. Let me tell you more whilst floating on cloud 9.
Just in case you’re wondering, I stuffed my truffles with Hershey’s Cookie & Cream Kisses. I love the color contrast and the added “cookie bonus”. When you decide to give them a go, you can hide any candy inside that you please. You can even switch things up and envelope different kinds of candy. The possibilities are endless and totally customizable. Really hard to mess up – I’m sure whatever you choose will be incredibly delectable.
Making truffles never gets old. I just love the fact that they’re perfect to prepare ahead of time, require almost no skills, and are always impressive. The fact that they’re a true crowd-pleaser doesn’t hurt either ;).
Which makes them also pretty dangerous. I can never quite believe my eyes how quickly they disappear. There’s something about small bites of awesomeness that’s attractive to most people.
So wherever you are and whatever you do tomorrow, I sure hope you are feeling the love. Oh, and spoil yourself with something cute, colorful and oh so good ;).
XOXO. Talk you soon!
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients listed on the box to prepare the brownies
- 1/2 (4 oz) package cream cheese (1/3 less fat), softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk or dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, optional
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, optional
- food coloring, optional
- sprinkles, optional
- Hershey's Cookies and Cream Kisses
- 1. Prepare the brownies according to package instructions. Let cool completely before moving on to the next step.
- 2. Using a fork or your hands, break the pan of brownies into fine crumbs into a large bowl. Add softened cream cheese and knead gently with your hands until cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- 3. Divide brownie mixture into 18 equal portions (using a large cookie scoop), place a kiss into the middle of each portion, roll into 18 brownie balls and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the chocolate.
- 4. Heat chocolate in a heatproof bowl until completely melted. Add oil, if using, and stir to combine. Remove brownie balls form the fridge and place one ball at a time into the melted chocolate. Using a fork, evenly coat each ball with the chocolate. Use the fork to remove the truffle from the chocolate and before transferring it back to the baking sheet, slightly tap the fork against the side of the bowl to get rid of any excess chocolate. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with remaining brownie balls.
- 5. In another heatproof, melt white chocolate chips. Divide in two (pour half of the melted chocolate chips in a separate bowl) and add as much food coloring as needed to reach the desired color - stir thoroughly. I used pink and dark purple. Pour melted chocolate into a small ziptop bag(s), cut off one corner and pipe melted chocolate in desired design on top. Add sprinkles. Let truffles sit for 30 minutes until set (or place in the fridge to speed up the process).
- Brownie Truffles will keep up to 5 days stored in the fridge.