It is finally here. My first blog post. I can’t express what it feels like to finally start sharing and connecting with all of you. I truly hope that you will enjoy this little space of mine where I plan to share our lives, hope to inspire you, and simply share my love of cooking and baking. I hope you hop on for the ride and know that I couldn’t be more grateful to have you stop by to check out Deliciously Yum! I already like you. Seriously. Thank you!
Onto these delicious cookies I mentioned above. It was difficult to decide on what I would feature as my very first recipe. When you totally and completely love food and if you are or know someone who can never make up their mind or changes their decision every 5 minutes, you can begin to understand what it felt like to finally come to a decision. Let me tell you how I landed at these fabulous cookies. Sweet treats and baked goods are my very favorite thing to create. I truly love to enjoy decadent desserts and I believe there’s absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying an occasional lip-smacking-stomping-your-feet-on-the-floor indulgence, i.e. not a health food. While you will certainly see truly good for you recipes, both savory and sweet, you will also encounter food purely based on taste and cravings. I’m striving for a good balance, and I believe this cookie recipe represents both sides. Yummy dark chocolate chips, quick-cooking oats, and all your cookie staples make for a chewy cookie.
I probably ate 3-4 cookies while shooting these yummies. They are simply irresistible…
and healthy…. I mean they do have oats in them, which means they must qualify as health food. Right?
You decide! And while you’re deciding, you probably need something to fuel your brain, and what better than a cookie :)?
If you’ve been looking for the perfect Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie, you have come to the right place. I hope you give these sweet treats a try.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. In a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until creamy (about 2 minutes).
- 3. Add baking soda and salt until incorporated.
- 4. Add flour and mix until smooth. Next, add quick oats and let it mix for another 3 minutes or until just combined. Turn off your mixer and add chocolate chips, incorporating them with a wooden spoon or other baking utensil.
- 5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop cookie dough (about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie) onto baking sheets. With the oven rack positioned in the middle of your oven, put your first baking sheet inside and let bake for 9 minutes. Let the cookies rest for 3-4 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. Repeat and enjoy!