Happy Friday, Everyone!
Today I am sharing my recipe for the best Banana Bread you will ever make and ultimately sink your teeth into. This recipe was passed down to me by my mother-in-law, who is a great cook. It is also a good basic recipe that you can add anything you desire to. I sometimes add chocolate chips (what else?), dried fruit, or nuts. Use whatever your heart desires. A handful (about half a cup) should be more than enough.
This recipe always reminds me of my husband’s sister, Rachel, who absolutely adores this bread. There’s no way I could be sharing this recipe today without mentioning her name. She is the one who first introduced me to it and prepares it for pretty much any get-together or trip we go on. It really is the perfect thing to bring to a party, potluck, new mom or neighbor. It usually doesn’t last very long, but in case you do have any leftovers, it will keep extremely well in your freezer for a couple of weeks.
Did I mention how delicious this bread is??
The perfect thing for those ripe bananas sitting on your counter.
Oh So Good!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large bananas
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1. Grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- 2. In a stand mixer, combine sugar, shortening, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes or until well incorporated.
- 3. Meanwhile, smash 3 large bananas (use a potato masher) and add to the mix.
- 4. Slowly add milk, soda, salt, and flour and mix until creamy.
- 5. Divide batter equally between the two loaf pans and put into oven. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Immediately after removing the loaves from the oven, invert them onto a cooling rack and let rest until completely cooled.