1. It feels like forever since I’ve done a Love List and honestly, it has been. January somehow zoomed by, so I knew I had to write this months’ list ASAP. I love doing these posts and I hope you enjoy them, too. It offers a break from our regular programming and gives me a chance to share some other things I adore besides food!
I wanted to start by saying thank you and just how much it means to me that you take time out of your busy schedules to stop by and share the love. I will never grow tired of expressing my gratitude because I care about all of you so very much and I feel incredibly blessed. It is such a wonderful feeling to wake up each day, knowing I get to do something I absolutely love. I can’t express what it feels like to pull up my blog in the morning (or any time of the day, really) and see your sweet comments and emails. Thank you doesn’t even come close to expressing my gratefulness, but I hope you know how much you are appreciated!
2. I am so excited about the Winter Olympics that I can hardly contain myself, but it’s finally here! Today! Just in time since football season has officially come to an end. Like most people, I look forward to watching the popular sports like figure skating and skiing, but am also excited about all the new sports being introduced this year. Go Women’s Bobsled Team!
3. These picture have been around a while, but I needed to include them in this post. Stunning!
4. My husband and I watched the Creation vs. Evolution debate on Tuesday between Bill Nye and Ken Ham. Even though it’s pretty long, we enjoyed it very much. If you’re interested in that sorta thing, you can check it out here. Definitely recommend!
5. I’ve been wanting to use my camera more for personal use and am looking for a great “photo a day challenge”. If you have any you tried and liked, please let me know.
6. Made Daphne Oz’s Chicken Wings last week and they were amazing. Perfect for any day of the week – not just for game day, if you ask me. Oh, and with the Olympics coming up, we’ll have a couple more game days to celebrate, ha!
7. I am loving this cozy GAP scarf. I was so wrapped up in infinity scarfs that I forgot about the traditional versions. I think it’s time to change it up.
8. I know I’m late to the game, but I am thrilled that Radiant Orchid is the color of the year. I am a huge fan of purple and couldn’t be more thrilled. So pretty!
9.I bought this coat (in “driftwood”) on a whim the other day. I had been looking for the perfect trench for quite some time now, but couldn’t find one I liked. I was hesitant at first because of the silver buttons, but it fits like a glove and looks great on. Now I just can’t wait for spring to get here.
10. Valentine’s Day. Seeing all the delicious food everyone is preparing to celebrate that special day is making me so happy. ‘Tis the time to bust out your favorite chocolate recipes and spoil those you love. Actually, any day is perfect for that. I agree that it’s a commercial holiday, but still happen to enjoy the motivation behind it all. Who doesn’t love LOVE? Oh, and going a little crazy with reds and pinks?