Twix Chex Mix inspired and packed with the amazing flavors of one of my favorite candy bars. This stuff is enticing, so consider yourself warned.
We made it through another week, friends! Happy Friday. If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you probably know how much I love to celebrate Fridays by now. The anticipation of the weekend and all the fun things ahead get me every time.
And what says Friday night more than a good snack mix? Whether you’re getting together with friends and need a snack to share or you’re settling in for a movie night, Twix Chex Mix may just be the ticket.
I happen to adore Chex Mix in any shape or form. I fondly remember a few years back, when we were just married for a couple of months, my husband and I would load up on bag after bag of all the different kinds available during our weekly grocery shopping trip.
Those were the days when I had no idea how to cook in any way, shape or form and Chex Mix tasted like the best thing on earth.
We always wound up fighting over the Cheddar variety, right after there was no more Turtle Chex Mix to be found.
Now imagine my excitement when I finally figured out how easy it is to make your own.
I sure had a blast coming up with all sorts of flavors back then. It gave me such a sense of accomplishment and deepened my affection even more. One mix that keeps being made again and again is this one.
Largely due to the irresistibility of chocolate and caramel aka the best combo ever!!
Seriously, what beats a good chex mix?? So glad it’s the weekend and calories don’t count until Monday :). It gets demolished between the two of us within hours. It’s not a pretty sight, but so worth it.
Hope you have the most amazing couple of days ahead, everyone! Can’t wait to talk to you again on Monday.
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 16 fun size twix candy bars, cut into chunks
- 1/2 package caramels, about 17
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Pour Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- 2. In a medium saucepan combine corn syrup, sugar and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar is completely melted, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture over Chex cereal and stir to coat evenly. Add chopped twix candies and give it a gentle stir.
- 3. Spread cereal mixture on a silpat-lined or thoroughly sprayed (with nonstick spray) baking sheet and set aside.
- 4. Melt caramels with a tablespoon of water (stirring often) over medium-high heat. Using a spoon, drizzle caramel over the coated cereal.
- 5. In a microwave-safe bowl or with the help of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Drizzle over Chex mixture and sprinkle with additional twix chunks, if desired. Let set for 15-30 minutes and break into pieces. Enjoy!
- Twix Chex Mix will keep up to 1 week stored in an airtight container.