Can we talk about favorite things for a second? One of my absolute most sought after snacks the last couple of weeks have been Pretzel Crisps. I am hooked and can’t get enough! It all started one lovely fall morning whilst strolling through Costco. I usually try to avoid little stops at their various stands with free samples to try. I know better… so I thought. With lunch just around the corner and knowing that I would be home within the next 15 minutes to grab something wholesome, I had just about sidestepped every possible temptation. Thinking I was in the clear I averted my eyes from my targeted checkout lane (which was about 20 feet away from me), when I perceived and spotted Pretzel Crisps. Thanking the lovely gentleman who handed me the tiny cup and taking my first bite, I immediately knew I had made a mistake. I ended up leaving the store without purchasing a bag of my new discovery, but couldn’t stop thinking about them. Needless to say, I returned a week later and purchased a bag of Dark Chocolate Crunch Pretzel Crisps. Don’t you just love the name? Waiting an entire week to make my return, I couldn’t help but dream of recipes that would feature the “reinvented pretzel”. Get ready for an overload of mouthwatering pictures showcasing Ultimate Butterscotch & Chocolate Pretzel Crunch Cookies!
Butterscotch Cookies make a regular appearance in our oversized cookie jar. With not a cookie in sight this past weekend, I had found my chance to whip up a batch of cookies that would quickly become the best cookie we’d tried in a long time. I won’t dub them THE best cookie of all time since cookies are my favorite treat to make and with many more creations both in my past and future; I couldn’t possibly make that statement. I will say that incorporating Pretzel Crisps into my Butterscotch cookie recipe, made it extremely difficult for upcoming contenders to come even close. They were that good!
Crunchy, chewy, buttery, chocolaty… too many adjectives that end with a y to mention here. These cookies have everything you could possibly want or imagine.
It was difficult to choose a name for these cookies. I had so many ideas and thought about giving them a shorter name, but none of the short ones could do it justice. My husband suggested “The Ultimate Cookie”, which came in as a close second. I thought they deserved a long and descriptive title. Go ahead and label them anything you choose as long as you make them as soon as you get a chance. I wouldn’t want you to miss out!
In case you can’t find the Pretzel Crisps, click here for more information. Have a great Wednesday, everyone! We’ll see you Friday with a recipe fitted for Halloween!
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, (1 stick) softened
- 1/2 cup margarine, (1 stick) softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped chocolate covered pretzels
- Preheat your oven to 370 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1. In a stand mixer, combine the white and brown sugar, butter, margarine, vanilla and egg. Make sure all ingredients are creamed together well.
- 2. Add the baking soda and salt and stir until incorporated.
- 3. Add the flour and mix well.
- 4. Turn off the mixer and remove bowl. Using a spatula, add the butterscotch chips and pretzels to the cookie dough and mix until fully incorporated.
- 5. Using a cookie scoop, place about 8 cookie dough balls on the baking sheet and put into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until sides are golden and crispy. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cookies will keep up to 5 days or up to 8 weeks in the freezer.