3 scrumptious layers of chocolate, peanut butter, and brownies. This post is gonna be fun and delicious!
Am I the only one who thinks July and therefore summer is going by way too fast?! I am not even close to being ready to think about anything but sun and sunshine. So let’s move on and talk about the topic at hand. Chocolate & PB Brownies.
This recipe was on the back burner for quite some time. I had an inkling that being around these brownies would be more than I can handle. And boy, oh boy, were my suspicions confirmed.
I’m blaming it totally and completely on Reese’s Peanut Butter Oreos aka The Bestest Invention There Ever Was. I am sorta hoping that the limited edition is here to stay. Who isn’t?!
You didn’t think that I would stop at S’moreos, did you? Yeah, you know me. So here’s one of the most epic brownies that almost made it out of our kitchen :).
And the thing is these brownies are perfect to whip up during the summer months since there’s limited baking involved. The first brownie layer is the only thing that needs some love from the oven. Everything else comes together in no time and will make best friends with your fridge.
The first layer consists of a box of my favorite store-bought brownies. You could totally make your own homemade version, but I wanted to cut time with this recipe. Feel free to do whatever you like though.
A couple of minutes before the brownies were done, I removed the pan from the oven, and pressed in a couple of Oreos. I wanted there to be a noticeable layer of Oreos that was combined with the brownie layer, but would still hold its own and keep some of the crunch I love so much.
After letting the brownies cool, I prepared the peanut butter layer, which is easy as can be. Powdered sugar, creamy peanut butter and a splash of milk make for one incredible experience. Back into the fridge they went.
Last but not least, I melted dark chocolate and added creamy peanut butter as well. Drizzled over the top and finished off with more Reese’s Oreos. Waiting for the chocolate layer to set was the hardest part.
Just wait until you get to cut into the delectable pan of yumminess.
I am such a sucker for layers and anything you can really sink your teeth into. These brownies are rich, fudgy, and definitely ultimate.
Go and try them yourself. You know you want to ;). Happy Hump Day!
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 package Reese's Peanut Butter Oreos
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 9 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly grease an 8-x-8 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 1. Prepare brownies according to package instructions. 5 minutes before brownies finish baking, remove pan from the oven and press some whole and some broken oreos into the surface of the brownie layer, about 10 total. Return to the oven and finish baking. Remove and let cool completely.
- 2. Once brownies are cooled, prepare the peanut butter layer. In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over the brownies. You can use your fingers to press down the layer. Place pan into the fridge for at least 1 hour or 20 minutes in the freezer.
- 3. Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and add creamy peanut butter. Stir until fully combined. Spread into an even and smooth layer over the peanut butter layer. Press another 10 Oreos (some whole and some broken into pieces) into the warm chocolate. Return to the fridge for another 20 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into bars and enjoy!
- Brownies will keep up to 1 week stored in an airtight container in the fridge or up to 2 months in the freezer.