Let’s celebrate the middle of the week with this yummy smoothie!
I have to be honest, I am not a huge fan of smoothies in the middle of winter and was somewhat hesitant to making this one. But as I started to browse the grocery isles and saw all the beautiful colors going into my cart, I instantly changed my mind.
Not only was I excited for a huge boost of nutrients, but I was almost as giddy about the pops of purples, reds, and pinks that would hopefully form a fabulous concoction. The girly girl inside of me quickly took control. And I decided to let her take over this one.
If I had to choose one thing to have for breakfast each and every morning for the rest of my life, it would probably be this smoothie. A huge statement considering that I hardly ever take a minute to eat breakfast at all. Just another reason this smoothie deserves a medal or something. It has special powers – the ability to change breakfast haters’ minds. Whoa!
Maybe it’s because it doesn’t feel like I’m eating an actual breakfast. It’s almost like having a snack on the go, which is totally my thing. Or maybe it’s because I feel a tad bit naughty slurping a tall glass of this deliciousness, since it reminds me so much of my favorite part of any meal – dessert! And it’s healthy – no added sugar, no weird ingredients, and every bit as scrumptious as an indulgent treat. You could totally satisfy any sweet tooth with this Very Berry Banana Smoothie.
Frozen berries, a banana, strawberry greek yoghurt, a splash of almond milk, and my secret ingredient, cranberry juice, is all you need to enjoy this smoothie yourself. Counting the cranberry juice, 5 different types of berries make up this smooth drink. The juice is also what gives it such a vibrant color and sweetens everything naturally without having to add sugar or even honey, which you could totally add if you’re looking for more sweetness.
This will definitely give you a good start to your day. And yes, it’d be even more awesome if you served these for Valentine’s Day. So easy, so pretty and so healthy.
I can’t wait for breakfast!
- 1 heaping cup frozen berries (I used a mix of blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 medium banana, cut into pieces
- 1 6 oz. container strawberry greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup 100% pure cranberry juice
- 4-5 ice cubes, optional
- 1. Place berries, banana, yoghurt, milk, and juice into your blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Add ice, if using and crush until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add more cranberry juice until desired consistency is reached. Enjoy!
- Very Berry Banana Smoothie is best when enjoyed immediately or should be consumed on the same day.